Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got a call from my step-daughter yesterday saying that their 18 month old mastiff was in surgery for suspected bloat. When the vet opened her up he found a 12 pound tumor attached to her bowel 8O .

The vet is hopeful that it is not cancerous, based on visual exam, but did send it off to pathology. The vet did email pictures of it and it looks like a butterball turkey. Amazing.

Zelda is home and doing pretty well. She is feisty enough to not want to take her pills..lol.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
oh that poor thing!! glad to hear he's doing well after surgery and hoping its nothing cancerous! At such a young age I worry about what it could be.

I'm a big softy for the giant dogs, could you post some pictures of the big baby? :)

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
That's horrible! I hope it's nothing cancerous. Is Zelda the same dog who was having problems with Nutro Max or am I thinking of another dog on here? *Paws Crossed* it's nothing bad and they get results back soon.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is Zelda girl a few months ago. And Megan, she was having the problems with Nutro- how kind of you to remember.

They think that the tumor grew in 2-3 months time since she was spayed not too long ago. I have never heard of a non-cancerous tumor growing that fast, but I hope that I am wrong.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Awwwww
How could you not fall in love with such a face. :heart :heart :heart
I hope that she is feeling better soon, and that the results are good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts