Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't think I've made a formal one of these, and I seem to be posting his pictures all over so...

This is my little boy Hachi. He is a little over 3 years old and is a pure bred Bengal. He is my first cat, and first personal pet. I got him a little over a year after seeing the movie "Hachiko: A dog's tale" based on the true story of a famous dog in Japan. If you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend it. The name stuck with me and I had wanted a cat & this breed for years and years. I did endless research on the breed and bought lots of silly books.

When I owned my professional SLR camera, I took thousands of pictures and videos of him. I sadly had to sell it, but I still take tons of cellphone quality pictures. Here are just a few :) If you guys have been around for a while, you've probably seen a good amount of these pictures -- sorry!

:eek:rcat

This was the day I brought him home. Still getting used to his surroundings.

Maybe 6 months old here. I sucked at photography then so excuse the difference in colors.

As he was growing, he went through a stage of always sleeping on my bed every chance he got. He used to always sleep between my legs at night, but hasn't for quite a while. Sometimes I would wake up to him cuddled up under my chin.

He started playing fetch extremely well at a very young age. He'd do it with any type of toy, but mostly those large plastic springs since they fit easily in his mouth.

These are a couple of his mugshots I have hanging on my wall near my office desk.

He is extremely friendly, although he isn't fond of being held for more than a few seconds. I often rub his belly with my face. I've almost never heard him hiss or growl, with the exception of when I scared him when he was super focused on a chipmunk.

I have always thought of him as a small cat, and always refer to him like "no, he's not big at all!" but I think I have to admit he's a big cat after being around shelter cats for the last year and seeing many full grown ~8 pound cats. He's only 12 pounds, but those 4 pounds make a huge difference.

The first time I got him anything with catnip, he freaked out! This seal had catnip in it, but the large kicker toy had Valerian. This was when he was maybe 1 year old, and to this day he plays with that seal daily. It looks like it has been through a warzone though and has lost most of its stuffing.

These days he just likes to sleep on my desk while I browse the internet or play games. He loves his homemade cat tree and minitree as well.

And I have tons more pictures. It's tough deciding which ones to post! They're all equally awesome!

I love him :luv

And some random videos:

Eating!
http://youtu.be/SY8duXaV0PY

Getting his own food when he was young and eating dry food
http://youtu.be/P8PCtOBLx8M

Rub rub rub the kitten
http://youtu.be/dZC3t8s0mqM
http://youtu.be/SY8duXaV0PY

·
Registered
451 Posts
Okay so for some reason I feel like Hachi is the most stunning cat I have ever laid my eyes on.. and I've seen Bengal cats before... pictures at least. Great photos! I am inlove with him. <3

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Hachi is Striking! ! WOW! :D
Great Photos! You've really captured his
Personality! !

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
Stunning - absolutely beautiful cat! GREAT job with the closeups! I got a new fancy camera (Nikon D5200 with lens) for my BD and I really can't even figure out how to use it without the tripod for close ups! It's a PITA for me to use so I ignore it. Hubby is probably hurt but I hate it. Too many moving parts for me to figure out. YOU however, did a GREAT job with yours!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all :D

The key is having good\sufficient lighting. Take the camera off auto mode and at the very least, use AV or TV (should be labeled as such on that camera). For a still picture, depending on how steady your hand is you could go all the way down to a shutter speed (the number displayed as 1/XX -- 1/200 etc) of probably 1/60 and get a good picture.

If you can get it up to at least 1/200 without using a flash, all you'll really have to do is wait for the right picture opportunity :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts