Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had several cats over the years and just recently lost our second oldest cat, CC, to an illness...He was 17 yrs old....His other cat friend is 18 yrs old and both have been with us since they were given to us by children in the neighborhood to 'save'.....Eliza was barely 4 wks old and was found next to her dead mother who had been run over in our alley....CC came a year later, also abandoned and young....The wife was the 'fixer' of cuts and scratches and the person the kids brought their injured or sick pets...And, she was the one kids turned to for advice and help...

Then one dark night a cat leaped on my shoulder when I stepped out my back door....talk about surprise! Turns out she was very friendly and very pregnant....and liked to ride on shoulders.....She gave us four kittens....I fell in love with the runt (who developed later than his litermates) and was shunned by them...I knew I would keep him and did...We found homes for the mother and her babies....My kids named him Kermit as he didn't stand at first,,,kinda dragged his back legs but finally he stood up and developed into a very nice Tuxedo cat....My buddy.

Next came MarbleCat, a young feral cat who picked us...she would talk to our cats at our upper window after climbing a tree and walking on the porch. Soon she went over the roof of our two story home and onto a back balcony in the fall.....I tried to coax her but she would run off when I came out on the balcony...With food and patience, I got to let her sit in my lap but she was fiesty...still somewhat feral....No one knew where she came from so we decided to take her to a shelter and they helped with an exam, shots, and neutering....We were going to foster her but we were hooked on her personality and kept her...Now she is an indoor cat like our other three.

So that is our catshouse tale......kids are grown and we are in our empty nest stage with our 'friends'....

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi!
Wonderful family history. You have helped many needy cats and I bet they have returned your kindness many times over. I had a shoulder rider when I was growing up. She was the sweetest thing. You would put her on your shoulder and she would go limp and purr like crazy. My mom found her in a parking lot dodging cars and soaking wet. She was just a little kitten. She lived to about 18.

I look forward to seeing some pics and hearing more about your kitty friends perhaps in the "Meet my Kitty" topic on the forum. Take care :smile:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.