Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well thats a bummer...I'm not really sure how to fix it either..

Thanks for the compliment eurocat. That little guys a crab :)

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Fantastic.

How much time and effort goes into the tank? I've often thought about giving saltwater a try some day.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Time, effort, the right equitment, money, money, money...did I mention money? When I first got into the hobby I had no idea how expensive EVERYTHING was! Thats the only bad points. Its pretty easy once you get the hang of it and everything balances out....very addicting hobby :?

JungleKitty- Thanks, and I'm not a man, hehehe :wink:

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
hehe, I've seen how expensive the fish were - I figured the equipment is probably a lot too.

It's not even an option for me at the moment. I live in a semi-rural town, the nearest place that sells saltwater fish is 50 miles away. :wink:

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
You and I have something in common, Joy, I also own a saltwater aquarium. We have two clownfish, a purple firefish and a yellow assessor. We have a variety of corals, one clam and some snails and crabs.
Very good pictures! Your clams and corals look awesome. Very cute Emerald crab, we have one also and I just love him.
Thanks for posting. :D

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all!

Awesome Lori! How long have you been in the hobby? I would love to see pics of your set-up!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Those pictures are amazing!

I could never keep saltwater fish. It's really an endeavor of love.

Well, that and tangs scare the crap out of me...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Your fish are gorgeous! Is that first one a clown fish (like nemo?) I was at a discovery museam with my children and saw a clown fish the other day. i think they are so cool!

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Joys said:
Thanks all!

Awesome Lori! How long have you been in the hobby? I would love to see pics of your set-up!
Our aquarium has been up and running for about 18 months. It is such a fun hobby, lots of work and money though, isn't it?
I will try and get some pictures up.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Annissa- I know what you mean. I thought it was impossible to keep these fish let alone corals. Finding saltwater forums and NEVER listening to pet shops helped out tremendously!

Lilly- Yes the orange fish is a "Nemo" hehehe. Out of all the saltwater fish I still think they are neastest.

Lori-I definitely hear you about the money! Its amazing how much everything adds up.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Absolutely beautiful! I have raised thousands of fresh water fish, but know very little about salt water aquariums. I love the colors, like the blue tang, for example. What a lovely color. Is it difficult to maintain the correct balance of nitrates---or is it nitrites? I have read a lot about that problem. I am no longer in the hobby, because I couldn't bear to see fry killed and had to keep adding tanks! I wouldn't have to worry about that with salt water fish. I raised fish for about ten years, and stopped the hobby quite a while ago. Temping, though! :) I have always loved clown fish and coral. Fascinating, the symbiotic relationship!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts