Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... so I went to a store that their website said carried their food. No Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's soul for my kittens :( BUT they had free samples of Felidae dry food so that definitely made my trip worth it! Hope the kitties like it! Anyone have experience with Felidae dry food? I'm currently feeding them Nutro Max Cat for kittens, since that's what the shelter was feeding them when we adopted them.

Woo hoo, I love GOOD freebies!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I was less than impressed with Felidae dry, I don't think my kitties liked it much and it really made for some stinky poo. :wink:

I've noticed many of the official web sites aren't very accurate about who carries their food. I just checked the chicken soup site and my pet store isn't listed, but they have a feed store listed that's been out of business for over a year. :?

My best suggestion would be to let your fingers do the walking... call some of your local stores and see if they carry it.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I agree with Padunk.

When I looked on the chicken soup website for local retailers, I first called the store they listed. Good thing because the store had moved clear across town!

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Yea they need to update that store locator thing. Anyways, Sugar like Felidae alot and Twinkie just sniffed it. But he did like the Chicken Soup and that is what I feed them now. Sugar likes it now but I think she would nibble more with Felidae. :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like a plan... will call around.

so far i've mixed my free samples of felidae in and they seem to be eating it... yesterday tyra ate it as a snack while tyson just sniffed it, so it mixed it into their food. we'll see how it goes!

·
Registered
821 Posts
My cats are both on Felidae....they LOVE it. I get a free bag soon, so after that I'm maybe thinking of switching dry foods. I never have before.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had a great experience with an online dealer recently....

http://www.petmenu.com/treats.html

I bought a 6 lb bag of Chicken Soup for $8.99 (I don't know if that's good or not) and a mixed case of 5.5 oz Wellness cans for $20.50 (which was the best price I could find anywhere online). They had great e-mail communication, and when the Chicken Soup was going to be delayed by a few days, they offered to send the Wellness seperately ahead of time without charging anything extra for shipping. I was really happy with their service overall... so for anyone interested in buying online, might be worth checking out! They do have a limited selection right now though, I believe their online business is fairly new.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quick question: are the dry food bits in the chicken soup food small like felidae? i notice that they're not eating it as much of it since the bits are smaller and less "crunchy" than the max kitten food.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
The Felidae from what I remember had a slightly smaller shape to it. The chicken soup were slightly bigger X shapes though. <<))

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I remember them being the same.. the felidae being H-shaped and Chicken Soup X-shaped like kitkat said. If I had to make a decision, I'd say the Chicken Soup has smaller pellets...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
we'll see how it goes with the rest of my felidae samples then... i think that tyson & tyra think that the felidae are "crumbs" of their max kitten food lol. when i finally get my hands on chicken soup for kittens, i will definitely give you guys an update about how they like it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oddly enough, I just switched my boys to Chicken Soup light from purina one. Fortunately, the store locator was right in my instance.

They don't seem to like it very much at all: they wail twice as much for food, even if there is still some in their dishes, and the poops are more stinky. I am just not sure what to do, since we got a gigantor bag of the stuff.

On the good side - their coats are silkkkkkkkkkkkkky! Oh my!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts