Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been following these forums for a while, but haven't had the chance to post yet. Since I need to introduce myself before I'm able to post, here's my introduction:

I have a two year old cat I adopted from a humane society when she was seven months old and I'm about to adopt a (about ten week old) kitten from a rescue tomorrow. I already have a reserve on him. I was waiting for him to get over a respiratory infection before bringing him home. I haven't had a small kitten since I was a kid, so I am really excited. I have also read articles and watched Jackson Galaxy and other videos on how to slowly introduce two cats with scent swapping to begin with. I will also be waiting until blood work results come back negative for the kitten proving he's a healthy fellow as I wouldn't want to get my current cat sick.

I am planning on starting a raw diet soon. My current cat is on a mostly wet diet currently (dry is used as a treat and for when I'm going to be away for a length of time that I'll miss her next meal). She loves eating any raw meat I have given her as a treat, so I don't think it'll be very hard to get her onto the raw diet. I was planning on posting to ask how much a bottle of taurine lasts per cat so I can decide if I should only buy 1 bottle or go ahead and buy 4 at a discount? Any advice on raw would be very much appreciated since I am a bit overwhelmed with all the information there is. I have read the information on catinfo.org and other places seem to keep redirecting me there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It depends on which recipe you're using, but I use the one from catinfo.org (for 2 cats) and a bottle of 100 (1k mg) capsules lasts for 125lbs of food, which is roughly 6 months.

Edit to add: congrats on your new kitten :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts