Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is completely normal for kittens to want to play and fight for your attention but Nala can look a little scary when she plays.

Sometimes she plays on her own, running around the room, hiding behind furniture and having no intention of me playing with her at all. If I try to pick her up to play she'll struggle to get away and bite (in a kitten way, I know it will hurt when her teeth get bigger though! and I am trying to stop this)...her ears stand on end like she is scared and she gets a crazed look in her eye. She becomes jumpy and very on edge.
My friends cat does this too so I'm assuming its not abnormal for her to do this? but I don't know why she does this...do any of your cats have this sort of behaviour and does anyone have any ideas on how to calm her down when she is having these crazy moments?

·
Super Moderator
26,345 Posts
Very normal. We even have names for it. "Rocketbutt" mode, or the Zoomies or the Crazies. Even Cinderella, at the ripe old age of 7, does it. I love watching Cleo when she does this. And, no, I wouldn't interrupt it!

Watch and enjoy. :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cinderella is gorgeous by the way, is she a certain breed because she looks a little like my friends cat...

Is she not asking me to play then? I wasn't sure if she was just happy to run around by herself...or it was attention seeking and she wants me to play but not be handled...

·
Super Moderator
26,345 Posts
Thank you! Cinderella is a Birman. :D

When my girls get in that mode, well, heck, I'm not sure why they do, but I think it's excess energy or something, because, with my girls at least, it seems to happen in the evening. When they want to play with me, they usually let me know.

Maybe other members do play with their kitties when they going nuts. You'll probably get more responses tomorrow.

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
I play with our kitties when they get the evening crazies aka: rocketbutt mode. We will sometimes stalk each other (they are better than me), hide and ambush each other (they are better than me) and play chase up/down the hall (they are better than me) ... but they all seem to enjoy when I participate and add to the general craziness.
It's a good thing we don't live in an apartment or a condo, the sounds of my kitty herd's thundering feet, my own feet adding to the din and my crazy war-whoops of "Wooo! Wooo-hoo-hooooo!, Crrrraaaazzzzzyyyy Kittieeeeeessss!, I'ma gonna get you!, Zip-zip-ZIP-Zoooommm!" just wouldn't be understood by neighbors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts