Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,,

I am a new member to catforum.. I have recently become a father to a 2 month old ginger persian cat yesterday

We took her for her first vaccination yesterday and checkup ... Fvcrp... This is her first vaccine and she was not vaccinated before as a kitten. Since then she seems always tired. It's been past 24 hours and she's active for about 10-15 mins and then he sleeps heavily...
He is not too much into her food as well. Eating maybe 5-10 gm of food
He has also started puking up her food today..
I took her to the vet and the vet told me that his vitals are normal, temperature and heartbeat and told me to take some medication for digestion and call me in the evening

I am worried... Is the drowsiness and puking caused due to the vaccine? Should I go to another vet? When should the symptoms of the vaccine wear off? Is there cause for concern?

When he is active, he plays and runs all over my house... But he seems to tire out easily and that makes him just be tired...

Please help.

·
Super Moderator
26,603 Posts
The drowsiness for a couple days is normal. So is lethargy. I'm not sure about the vomiting, is the medication prescribed working at all? I would wait another day. In the meantime, can you offer her food like tuna? Most cats can't resist.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got first dose of medication in... Seems ok now but she is really not eating much... She is completely confined to her bed.. Mostly... I shall keep reporting if something else changes thanks for your comment

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to another vet.. My cat had bloodwork done. Pic attached. we have a fever of 105 degrees but surprisingly he was not hot to the touch.

She was diagnosed with fpv, and treatment with antibiotics paracetamol etc is suggested... Prescription attached.

The vet says that he will improve in the next 3 days.. Hope he gets well soon...

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so my update post 2 iv sessions at the hospital...

Romeo is now getting a bit better but slowly.. He is sleeping most of the day and maybe for about a half hour he is a bit active.. Walks all over the place and trying to cuddle but he is a bit weak though. After that he becomes just so exhausted... For a few hours...

Not sure if it's a good sign but even more positively, no vomit at all since last night... The doctor prescribed an oral antacid and some multivitamins and he happily takes it in without puking... It's a good sign according to the doctor...

Keeping fingers crossed.

I read that after 5 days if ur cat survives the prognosis is good... Just counting days and fighting the good fight..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Day 4.5 and counting... He is slowly getting better... Canula in his arm removed and iv fluids stopped... Since last night he had Royal canin digestive food... And we continued that today. Feeding 1 teaspoon every 2 or 3 hours... He is moving around a lot not but he still sleeps a lot as well... It's about 60% sleep and 40% awake

Feeling happy... Today I think now finally he might not die...

Guys... Whenever u adopt, buy or get a cat or a kitten, please make sure that it's vaccinated till date. Otherwise you might end up with a nasty virus that can take your pets life...
Fighting for life is not a fun thing to do...

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Glad he is doing better. Thanks for being a wonderful pet companion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts