Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, i really love cats and am recently able to get one. Polo is 6 months now, he's male and neutered. He's the dominant type from what i read as he likes rubbing and leaving his scent everywhere and is very territorial when my bf's new pup came to stay at my place. I am staying at my bf's place now and polo doesn't attack the puppy anymore and they get along. Im gonna be moving to my new place soon, and i really want another kitten to keep Polo company. Should I get a female or male kitten? how old should the kitten be? i heard males bond well at the age of 6 months but he needs a less dominant cat for them to get along. Also, would Polo prefer being alone? What should I be looking for?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
to the Cat Forum :D Personally, I have always tried to keep more than one cat, because my cats have always gotten lonely without one of their own kind to hang out with. Sorry to say, there really isn't a "rule" as far as whether you should get a boy/girl, etc, etc. Every cat is different. I have been lucky, and have never had any real problems introducing new cats into my house. Right now, I have 2 cats, a girl and a boy. The girl is about 5 years older than the boy, and they are best friends :) I think it is easier, the younger your cat is, so 6 months is probably a great time to look for a friend for Polo. There are a lot of people here who can give you information on the best way to introduce them.....I am kind of naughty, I always just open up the new cat's carrier and stand back 8O :oops: Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts