Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am worried about my kitten (I hope this is in the right place.)
Oreo will cry when she is in the liter box, not necessarily when she is going to the bathroom, but she moves in circles crying. She only stops when I go and check on her, then she will look at me and give this annoyed cry. She has done this since I got her, is this normal? Or should I have her checked out? :(

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
Kittens and cats can die from Urinary Tract Infections and if its a male from Crystals. It is deadly serious. Take her to the vet right away to be checked.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kittens and cats can die from Urinary Tract Infections and if its a male from Crystals. It is deadly serious. Take her to the vet right away to be checked.
Okay thank you so much! My friend told me it was "normal" because her kitten used to do that when she was young but I want to make sure... Thank you! I already made an appointment.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My male did the same thing off and on for about a month. I think there are more signs of an UTI, but I could be wrong? I'll see if I can find my old post and show you what they said to me. For me, it wans't all the time and now hasn't happened in probably a month. I remembered they said sometimes they are "announcing" they are using the box!! Not saying not to make the appointment, but my did do it and it didn't end up being anything.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh okay, Oreo is 4 going on 5 months (middle of Aug) She really gets loud when the box is getting to dirty, as if to say "hello how am I supposed to use this?" She does it every time though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts