Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kitten is about 4 months old.. I just recently moved and we had to give away his mother. It has been about a week but he is still crying andd looking for his mother, I have been giving him extra attention and bought him all sorts of toys, I even leave the tv on cartoons while Im at work since i know he loves cartoons.. he is my bubbles and my baby, I loved his parents with all my heart and I had to give them away because of an unfortunate move.. I only want him to be happy.. seeing him depressed and sad like this breaks my heart..

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Cats do get depressed if they've lost a cat friend through rehoming, loss or a death. It's funny about your cat loving cartoons. I find my 2 cats like to watch them too, I think it's partly the usually-high children's voices that go with the characters. Animal Planet's also a fave, especially ones with cats in it---even tho they are BIG cats. Ideally, of course, would be to have another kitty for a playmate, but may not be possible in your apartment?

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I suspect it's not only the loss of his mom, but also the move to a new place, all of which can be stressful. I'd try to give him as much attention as you can, although he should be fine once he gets used to his new surroundings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts