Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally we're getting the kitties neutered. It's well overdue for Doodles but we're making no mistakes with Spike and Saffron, they've just turned 6months so they're getting done aswell.

I didn't realise I could get them all done at the same time, when I called the vet I was only given 1 appointment.

I'm going to feel terrible, coz they aren't allowed anything to eat after tea time on wednesday. Not to mention that they are going to hate me when they come home! It's all for the best though, especially for Doodles! Poor girl will be able to go outside again, she's been in for over a month. The other kitties are ok, they haven't been outside yet.

Wish my kitties well xxx

Thanks for all your support when we were having kittens, I don't know what I would have done without you. Especially you Jeanie! :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
I hope everyone's operations go well. It's good to hear people are neutering their pets - it's the best solution for too many unwanted cats.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
yanikin, thanks for the kind remark. I'm sure the babies will be overjoyed to see you! They'll be too sleepy for scones and jam anyway! The wee bairns can eat when they awaken. :)

Usually the recovery is smooth and easy. If you see one bothering his stiches, make an Elizabethan collar for him. Let us know when they're home. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Re: thas nice

kittenguy224 said:
I was going to get my cat neutered but it was to young. the doctor said it was only 4 months old so I can't until november or december :( .
I thought you could get it done at four months. I'm pretty sure my kitten was done before then.

·
Registered
82 Posts
We just had Obie and Walker neutered last friday. Everything went well. They came home and acted like nothing happened. Walker kept giving me snotty looks for a day, Poco and Roukie were laying on thier backs kicking their legs up in the air singing told you not to go for that ride.
If they had any pain I wasn't aware of it. They ate, played, jumped, ran, did all the usual cat things. Don't worry they will be fine. :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'm glad to hear you're getting your cats fixed and I hope everything turns outs and your kitties are soon running around home again! :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone!! I'm so grateful to have you all here! I'm taking them in at 9am so what time do you think I'll get them home?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:56 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks everyone!! I'm so grateful to have you all here! I'm taking them in at 9am so what time do you think I'll get them home?
Obie and Walker went in at 8:30 and were home at 3:00

·
Registered
220 Posts
last week, I took in my latest addition, Blitz Bug, (white kitten with some black spots on her.) to get her spayed. (Blitz Bug has one black eye and her rump is also black with a few black spots on her sides) She came back OK, but I could tell she was a little sore for about 2 days. And then she began to eat and eat. Now she is a plump "little bug". yesterday she made a jump upon the kitchen counter for the first time. Having a little more confidence in herself, now she doesn't meow so loudly when I get their special food out in the early mornings.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts