Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maggie is 24yo..blind/deaf. Its a daily struggle to get her to eat. She started having seizures months ago, and I began a search for euthanasia. We live in country and she hasn't seen vet in 20 yrs bc I always kept her inside (buddies in hse, no fleas or ticks) Vet who spayed her wouldn't even consider a euthan. appt. ("inactive" no way) There are several vets in the county and NOT ONE of them will euthan. her. Every day I nurse her to the next day, giving her every kind of kitty/people food I can get her to eat...and every morning I wake up hoping that she died during the night. She is so weak, and I spray her down w/water bc it seems to help w/the heat (no ac). I am literally watching her die a slow death. I won't consider home euthan. bc the result could be tragic. Mobile vets are far away & can't afford. I foolishly thought vets oath..whatever. Anybody have any suggestions? Thx. This was long so thanks for reading.

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
This shelter will euthanize seriously ill cats.

Most Humane Societies will do the same.

Care Credit approves almost anyone who applies, and you'll have a year to pay it off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG I never even thought of them. This could be my answer. I love her so much..but its time. I can't thank you enough! If it doesn't work out, I will check back. If it does i don't know if I'll be able to share about it.
Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
It's such a hard decision, but the kindest sometimes. I've had to make it twice, with Cali and Cinderella, and it's heartbreaking. Please do update us if you can. Maybe try to imagine my girls waiting for your girl at the Rainbow Bridge to welcome her. She will be pain free and running around like a kitten. Although my Cali may get her into a bit of mischief, but she'll have fun.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Yes, remember that you are hurting so she doesn't have to. It's a gift you give to the little one you love. I hope you find an answer! So hard to watch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts