Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little 4 month old kitty now LOVES any time I come home with starbucks and if I put my cup down she will start licking the whipped cream and when I go open a can of whipped cream and start spraying it, she knows the sound and comes running to me for some lol it's funny. My previous cat did the same thing, is it bad for them? Do any of your cats like whipped cream or weird things? haha

·
Registered
256 Posts
Well it is dairy.. I mean, I don't think a little will harm him, especially if he likes it so much. My cat likes to lick out my empty ice cream bowl, etc. I'm sure she would like whipped cream, if I ever had any.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Yeah, a little bit won't hurt! Ellie goes nuts when she knows I'm eating Goldfish or Flamin Hot Cheetos (although I don't share, except maybe a lick of a Goldfish)... and one day I dropped one of the cheetos and she went in for it. Her reaction was priceless, to say the least. Haha

·
Super Moderator
26,880 Posts
Same here! They go CRAZY for those gold nuggets of crack!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Guess I'm the oddball, my cats don't get human food from me at all. I really messed up once when I made a mistake of feeding them canned tuna, so no more! Can't eat tuna in peace or without some kitty staring at me the whole time, and me guarding my sandwich, lol.

If you're worried about it, I'd check out the ingredient list on your whipped cream since it can vary from various types. There may also be some stabilizers like carageenan which is a controversial thing, but that's also in a lot of wet cat food, anyway. Your best bet is to give such treats sparingly, I'd guess, but I realize how we all love to indulge our in our cats, too, lol.

How about offering small bits of real cream instead? I'm guessing they love it due to the fatty content...?

·
Registered
8,959 Posts
I imagine they love for the same reasons I do. It tastes freaking AWESOME!! :p

Same with Cheetos, salt &vinegar potato chips, steak, French fries.......... and everything else I enjoy that isn't a vegetable.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Guess I'm the oddball, my cats don't get human food from me at all. I really messed up once when I made a mistake of feeding them canned tuna, so no more! Can't eat tuna in peace or without some kitty staring at me the whole time, and me guarding my sandwich, lol.

If you're worried about it, I'd check out the ingredient list on your whipped cream since it can vary from various types. There may also be some stabilizers like carageenan which is a controversial thing, but that's also in a lot of wet cat food, anyway. Your best bet is to give such treats sparingly, I'd guess, but I realize how we all love to indulge our in our cats, too, lol.

How about offering small bits of real cream instead? I'm guessing they love it due to the fatty content...?

I'm with you Tabb, I never give Loki ANY of my food regardless of what it is. Just because I don't want to be hassled when I am trying to eat. It worked really well, he will watch but he won't try to beg food or climb all over me to get it anymore :p

He can have his kitty treats, I will have my human treats!

As for the dairy small amounts are ok but just be careful because some cats are more sensitive to it than others. I had a shift last week with a client who has 13 cats (trying to help her adopt a few out!) and her daughter left half a bowl of milk on the ground and there was liquid cat poo EVERYWHERE.

So definitely something to do in moderation :p

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Ah, yes, forgot some kitties could also be lactose intolerant, so scratch that cream idea. My two don't really care for dairy except raw goat's milk...and yup, that's high fat as well, so it must be yummy to them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts