Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*WARNING - LOTS OF PICTURES*

I spent my loooong weekend off work with the babies. It was their last weekend with me before they go to their new homes. They all had their spay/neuter surgeries done today and I called the new moms and dads to let them know. When it was time to call the little girl's new mom she answered and said "oh, I called a few weeks ago... I picked out a different kitten and don't want her anymore" 8O

So she's up for adoption again but I know it won't last long. I may actually consider the offer from the couple taking the boys - if the little girl's owner to be changes her mind they'll take all three. I'm not sure how serious they were... and three kittens at once seems great, but like a lot of work/money/future commitment.

I didn't mention it to them (wanted to call mom first - she keeps saying she wants to keep one) but may send an email later. And no, I'm not keeping her.

Anyway, I think they had a great last weekend here. TONS of running (which is why I don't have any good action shots - they are just too fast!) and tons of sleeping.

Little boy is quite the lover and even more of a cuddle bug! My mother fell in love with him and her goal all weekend was to give him a good place to nap.

Don't you just wanna squish that little white belly??

They normally curl up under the cough, so I got a little nervous when I couldn't find the other two... until I realized they found a nice cozy spot up high on a chair.

Then it was time to "help" mom fold laundry on the bed. That didn't last long... so the clothes went away and the kittens stayed.

"Can't you see we're CUDDLING??"

*notice the leg draped over brother*

Just too cute!

"can I get some fresh air? GEEZ!!"

and I finally, FINALLY got one of Brody with all three babies. I'm going to send this with the new owners and ask them to show it to the kitties every now and then so they don't forget her :D

·
Super Moderator
26,510 Posts
Jessie, if I hadn't taken these girls, I would have taken the three little kittens whose picture I posted - I couldn't have left just one. So I believe them. (When they're that tiny and cute, you're not thinking straight!) :D

I couldn't take just two and leave one. They are all soooooo cute! :luv

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
They are impossibly adorable! The pictures of them snuggling with Brody are just too much... too much cuteness! Can't take it!

Too bad you can't keep one, Brody seems to like them a lot - but maybe she would love any kitten :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thoes kitties are so wonderful! I cant believe how comfortable they are with each other! :D

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Poor Brody is going to be heartbroken when they leave.

I would have to take all 3 of them- how could you break up a trio that seems to love each other so much?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Very darling!!!

Looks like most of them have lost the lighter smokey-blue color and are turning out to look like black orientals :luv :luv

Please post more pictures of these guys before they leave! They're gorgeous!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Those are some of the most darling pictures I've ever seen... A big HUG to you for saving those darling kittens!! :D

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
The babies are adorable and Brody is a sweetheart for letting them maul her like that. You'd better hurry and save money for that house so Brody can have some kitty friends.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
doodlebug said:
The babies are adorable and Brody is a sweetheart for letting them maul her like that. You'd better hurry and save money for that house so Brody can have some kitty friends.
you have no idea how badly I want that!!

But until then, I think I can get away with having a few kittens here and there a few weekends at a time... and its almost more fun that way :)

While I LOVE the boys so much its still making me so sad that the little girl is going to be all alone... I'm still considering sending an email to the new owners of the boys to see if they are still interested.

·
Super Moderator
26,510 Posts
Jessie - do it! When I found out those three babies were still all available, there was no way I would have broken them up - what can it hurt to email them? :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Send the email! I agree, if I was getting two, what's a third? They are sooo sweet! And, I wish my dogs would lay there like that and let kitties crawl all over them. Ripley would, but the others, not so much.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok, email sent :D

I started with general updates on them and things I forgot to mention (like I'm sending records/microchip info/etc because I didn't get around to telling them all of that on the phone.

Then slowly brought it up... and kept stressing that I wasn't at all trying to push her on them, just trying to offer her to them first to give them priority before I listed her for adoption again. She'll go quickly and all that, and the while two kittens is great three is an awful lot to take on at one time, etc etc etc.

I really hope they take her though!!

(before I sent it I had to stop into my mom's room - "are you SURE you don't want her? :cry: )

·
Super Moderator
26,510 Posts
Well, at least you'll never have to hear them say later, "If we'd known the woman had changed her mind, we would've taken her, too." That would be heartbreaking. At least this way, it's out there and they can sleep on it.

And who knows, maybe there's someone out there who just adopted a sweet kitty and decided they need two, and she'll have a great home even without her sibs. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts