Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, I haven't lost my mind.

New cat tree! :grin:

I couldn't resist. I've never bought my girls a new one, always used ones from Craigslist. This was $100, free delivery, and they put it together in my living room.

My girls didn't even wait until I moved it to the new location. They were on it as soon as the strangers left.

Cali was on it first, but eventually Charlee joined her.

Then Cleo checked out the mouse-on-a-string

Action shot!

They even gave me this new scratcher!!

In its new corner. Cleo opted for the open window

Cleo's the only one who has tried out the new house so far.

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
Wow, I love the look of the natural wood. Very nice! It must have been a local company that you got it from? Since they delivered and put it together?

·
Super Moderator
26,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're going to laugh.

Craigslist. It's an Amarkat. They bought it, put it together, their cats wouldn't touch it, so they took it apart and were going to return it, then saw how much the return shipping was going to cost them (70 lbs.).

Premium Solid Wood Cat Tree S7207 - Armarkat Online Store

·
Banned
1,205 Posts
What cat would love that?
How long did they leave it up?
If my cat dissed it I would have sprayed it with catnip spray.
Well their loss is your gain, looks like the Girls love it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
It looks great! I have three Armarkats, one for each level of my house. They know it's theirs, and they are on them constantly. Snowball loves the cubbyhole, the rest have picked a favorite perch. The best news (for me) is that the sisal posts, almost two years after I got them and after much use, still look as good as new.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I want it! I showed it to Ransome and said "Babe, can we get this for Pinky" he said he doesn't want wood though because Pinky would chew the wood. >_< Probably not! But oh well.

·
Super Moderator
26,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From your lips..... :grin:

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Wow, that's the Cadillac of trees there! It looks like fun for the whole family. :) I can't believe you got another great deal through Craig's List.

And I was thrilled that I found a little perch with scratching post for only $16 at Ross this weekend. Those little ones are good for sitting at single windows, though. Murphy loved it right off the bat.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Looks great!

We've been shopping and shopping and shopping but just haven't found the right style/design that fits what we're hoping for yet. I like the natural wood look mixed with soft, padded areas like what you have there.

We're hoping to find something that goes well with the rest of the furniture in our house. We may end up having to build our own.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Quick question, Marie..... is that wood "raw"?

In other words, is it stain-able, or does it already have a finish on it?

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Wow! that's exactly the type I want when we move to a new townhouse end of April. Right now I only have 2 scratching posts, an old carpeted one in the Rec Room where they stay at night, and one I won in a draw at Pet Value that has just two shelves, and with sissel-wrapped posts are like yours in the livingroom. Zuba has taken it over and Alkee uses empty cardboard egg cartons or a floor scratcher. I can see your cats just adore it....maybe I should look on Craig's List or kijiji....which I hadn't thought of doing. This really inspires me....thanks for sharing! :razz:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts