Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Funny, because he's 11.4lbs now..)

Test results were clean. Nothing showed up at all. Vet wants me to keep him on the Pred until it's finished like we talked about. IF the Pred doesn't work (which it's made no difference thus far, is it really going to miraculously change later..?) then she's going to try different meds/different test.

I AM SO DONE with the tests and the meds! I informed her today that I changed his food to Wellness and that I've got him on canned (Wellness kibble, about 1/4C a day around lunchtime,) in the morning and evenings. I told her exactly which brands and all that, and she doesn't seem 100% behind me, but... I'm not feeding him that Hill's anymore. Since his food has changed, his poop is MUCH less smelly, which is a good thing in my opinion. Still no change in his diarrhea though. Only thing is, he's only pooping about once a day instead of 2-3x a day. That started once he started on the Pred, so I dont know if that's typical?

Anyway, she's leaning towards IBD now. She also suggested I try EVO canned.. Which I actually couldn't find when I went shopping for his wet food. Is that something I need to just get online? I guess I should check before I sound like a dummy again lol.

I'm going tomorrow after an interview to get copies of all his test results and more flea meds. Once his pred is done, I am taking him to a different vet. I made some calls already and a few places want me to take him in once his meds are done, I guess to just see if anything changes between now and then.

So frustrating. She didn't even give me any suggestions on what to do for his poor tushy.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Evo canned is good stuff, my cats used to like it a lot.

If you call a local mom and pop store they can probably order it from their distributor.

·
Premium Member
18,379 Posts
What does "clean" mean? What was tested for and ruled out?

You can't get EVO in any of the big box stores. You need to go to an independent. Go to the EVO website, there is a store locator.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Clean" was all the information I was given. "No signs of parasites or any kind of organism" - her exact words. I'm going to get all the results tomorrow from every one of his tests. She's been great and very personal.. But she's doing a lousy job of actuallykeeping me informed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts