Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cat in my avatar has died. I am so very horribly sad at this moment that I all I can do is cry my eyes out. I miss her so very much. I had had her for over eleven years and she was the closest friend I had. Oh God I hurt so bad right now.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I won't even pretend to know how badly you are hurting, right now. I hurt for you.

If it helps to talk about it, we are all here for you.

Cuimhnich. Remember. As long as you remember, she will always live in your heart.

Peace be with you,
Mike

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the kind words. I am feeling a bit better now that I have had a chance to talk to a few people about her passing.

She was put to sleep because she developed a blood clot that traveled to her hind quarter and cut off the circulation to her legs and tail. The moment she showed the symptoms, I knew, and rushed her to the vet. Last night she recovered from the problem and the vet gave her medication for an enlarged heart. The bill was $300.00 total. He said she would be fine but did not anticipate the blood clot issued. I stayed up with her till 5 a.m. before going to bed. I awoke at around noon to find her laying on her rug panting. I knew instantly that she was not doing well so I rushed her to the vet again.

This time the news as not good. They were semi apologitic over the mis-diagnoses, but what could they have done even if they had detected it last night.

I will just have to live with the loss and perhaps, God willing, I might be able to bring myself to adopting a new cat from the HS. It really does hurt to lose a friend of her calibar to something so unpredictable.

I wish I were better off finacially, perhaps I could have prevented this if I had had the funds to take her in every six months for a check up. But Gods will is a mystery and I will just have to accept what has happened as part of his greater master plan.

Thank you again for reading.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I know you must be feeling lost without her, but you did the best you could for her. And right now, she isn't panting because of medical issues, she is panting because she is romping with her new friends at The Bridge. She'll meet ye there, some fine day.

And by all means, let another kitty experience the love that you have to offer. You'll know when the time is right.

I just pray that you continue to talk this out and experience God's comfort renewing you in this time of transition.

Peace be with you,
Mike

·
Registered
697 Posts
I'm so sorry about the loss of your precious kitten. Ooooh boy do I know about that pain you are talking about. In time you will recover from that kind of pain. Remember the wonderful memories you had to put a smile on your face.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
***big hugs***

I'm so sorry...

Try not to feel guilty. I know it is tough, but you did the best you could for her. Be glad that you were fortunate enough to spend 11 wonderful years in her presence, and know that she loved you.

Best wishes,
~tanya

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
So sorry. :cry: I know one day I will feel the same pain when I lose one of my kitties but I hate to think of that.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I am so sorry - you have tried so hard..at least she is not in pain. Sometimes I feel like it is the least I can ask for in such situations
May your baby rest in peace

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all again. I am still having a hard time believing that she is really gone. It caught up to me today while I was at my mothers. She originally was my Step Fathers cat, but she adopted me about a year after they got her when I stayed on their property while they lived in CA. She was knocked up at the time, and it was mid winter. She was hanging out with me in my Room, as it was the only room in the house that had heat at that time, long story, and I could tell she was about to pop. So I emptied and old box out and put a pear of old Levi’s in it for her. I then picked her up, was promptly hissed at, and set her in the box. She then looked up at me and I could tell that she was truly thankful. That was the beginning of a very long friendship. I had three new kittens in the morning.

I have added a new wish to my somewhat small list of things that I would wish for if I had the power to see them come to pass. Sorry, to details have to be kept confidential, so say the myth, but I think you all know what it might entail.

My heart felt condolences go out to any of you who have lost a pet. Thank you for posting and for saying such nice things.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. I know it is very hard, Ive been there. But one day you will think about the good memorys you have of your kitty.

Sincerely
Terry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts