Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,517 Posts
I think Spot read the thread where Heidi was giving Allie advice about giving her hair a little volume! Cute little Spike!

Love the nose-to-nose (new avatar) picture! :D

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's our BIG driving haflinger that we bought late fall.

Happy Gnu Ears.............hehehe! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
I love your new avatar and commented elsewhere about how I love your New Year's siggie! Very cute!

I have a question I would like to ask you...(about a theory of mine)...
Does Spot have differing hair lengths between his white coat and dark spots?
If so, which is shorter and which is longer?

My Appy had longer white hair in his blanket than his spots. My theory, is the dark hair absorbs light/heat. The white hair reflects it, so he needed longer hair to help trap more of his body heat. I also think in summer the longer white hair protected his skin from sunburn.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heidi, yes, he does. As his winter coat lengthens and thickens, his white is longer than his black spots........except for his larger spots on his rump. After I body clip him in spring, his black spots grow faster, and longer than, his white hair. So until his winter coat really comes in, he looks pretty funny! :lol:

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gunterkat said:
Geri, please send my apology to Spot for calling him "Trouble". :oops:
John, don't worry, I call him many things, and Trouble is definately one of them! He definately is that! :lol: Somehow, he got the nickname "Goobie", and it seems to have stuck. It fits him! He's just a little goober!

OwnedByACat, do you belong to any horse forums?
I do, but I never really post, I'm more of a lurker. They don't seem to be as friendly as this forum is.

Thanks for the wonderful comments everyone...........glad you enjoyed seeing the pics! :D

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I belonged to this one horse forum, not going to mention the name out of courtesy, but they were sort of mean to me. They acted like a bunch of know-it-all experts. I want advice from people, yes, but don't act like you know everything!

Anyways...He sure is a cutie! I bet him and Cash would get along perfect! Infact, why not send him for a, let's say, a couple days...maybe weeks...perhaps a year, or a lifetime vacation here with Cash! :lol: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Megan1216 said:
Infact, why not send him for a, let's say, a couple days...maybe weeks...perhaps a year, or a lifetime vacation here with Cash! :lol: :mrgreen:
Nice try Megan!!! :lol:

·
Registered
624 Posts
I belong to a really good forum where everyones really nice and it's really active. If you'd like the name I'd be glad to send it to you. It's a really nice forum. I don't have a horse but my mom does. I mostly post on off topic and do photoshops for people.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
What great pictures! :D

I belong to a horse forum that is populated primarily by serious horse people and professionals. I think it's delightful, but some don't like the tone. I've learned tons from it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts