He always has a great appetite~aha

·
Super Moderator
26,336 Posts
I love orange boys!! He's adorable.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
I just did some Internet searching and couldn't find anything about orange cats being bigger. Has anyone ever seen that anywhere? I can sure attest to it in my sampling of one. :luv

·
Registered
202 Posts
Claiken said:
looks alot like my Bubster.

Are orange cats just bound to be bigger?? Seems to be what i see and hear....
I always hear that, too. And have seen it with my own eyes....my Chino is big for 10 months and my other cat was an orange tabby and he was a very big boy.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Claiken said:
looks alot like my Bubster.

Are orange cats just bound to be bigger?? Seems to be what i see and hear....
Actually, I think you are right. I've never had it verified from my vet or anything, but Brandy is a big female (my orange girl). When I took her in for her last check-up, I asked about her weight (she's not overweight, just an armful) and he said she was very healthy and from his experience certain cats just seem healthy and big. My Father then asked if it was an orange cat thing, my vet stopped.. paused as if thinking, then stated, "Come to think of it, I've never met a SMALL orange cat!"

So, I'm just going from that... they just seem to be for the most part, larger cats.

Btw, to the OP, your cat is beautiful!

'Chelle

·
Premium Member
9,138 Posts
I have a ginger foster who is a big guy! 13 lbs of pure muscle.
Plus he has these long lanky legs! I did an exaggerated photo of his legs

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I'm not so sure.. Whisky has definitely gotten bigger since we got him a year ago (he's 2.5yrs now) but he's not nearly as large. He's slender and light for his size compared to Sigma. Perhaps he's not full-grown though - my other grey cat, Psi, took over three years to reach his adult size.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts