Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The end of 2008 was really rough for me and my husband.... He lost his job, then two weeks later I lost my job, then two weeks after that was when Fergie ate the yarn and needed surgery. Right before New Year's I found a post for a job that would be 100% perfect for me, and they called me today! I have an interview set up for Friday morning, and I'm trying to not get too excited about it. I'm happy that the woman looking at the resumes took mine to the boss and told him he HAD to call me, but that still doesn't guarantee me the job!

So I could use some good thoughts.... If my luck changes for the better I can buy better food for Fern and Fergie! :luv

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Diana - I hope things are looking up for you. What type of job is it? Don't you with Friday was not so darn far away? It would be fantastic if they would make you an offer that day!

·
Super Moderator
26,517 Posts
Fingers and paws crossed for you here! :D

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the good thoughts!

The interview went really well. This position is administration and finance for a construction company, which is perfect for me because I was an admin for an architecture firm for five years and I've got the financial background as well. I met with the owner of the company, who was really nice and quite happy with my experience and attitude. She and I were able to commiserate about life as a woman in the construction industry, which made me happy. Nothing quite like finding a common ground and gossiping about it! Anyway, I left with a really good feeling about this, and she promised to call me one way or the other. She wants to make a decision within two weeks, so I'm really hoping that soon I'll be getting a job offer! I don't want to get my hopes up, but if they're really wanting someone with knowledge of the field they're probably not going to get any closer of a hit!

·
Super Moderator
26,517 Posts
As much as you don't want to jinx things, it's impossible not to get your hopes up. :D

Sounds like it went very well, good luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts