Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got 2 mice for christmas. i've been lazy and sick, but i finally got around to getting some pix of them.

Vincent

Pablo

Vincent and Pablo

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Hope you're feeling better, Kristy! Wow, all white! I have to admit total ignorance of rats, so I'm curious: Can you cuddle them? I mean, in your hands and stuff?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx all.

i don't cuddle them. they're too fast, but i don't know if you actually can.

these are my first 2 mice, but i've had 2 fancy rats [mick & fletcher], a guenia pig [soldier], and some hampsters [r.e., wilmore, cypress, & silk] before.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
My mice were always too fast to snuggle also. :roll: Actually, I DID have one male that let you hold him...and I NEVER got bit. :) I liked having mice because they are so fun to watch, it's easy to keep more than one, and since they are so small, they don't need a huge cage or eat a bunch of food. :D

I actually bought a female from the pet store once, and she turned out to be [regnant...so I raised the litter...15 babies!!! 8O It was fun, though. :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Those are the cutest little mice! They are fast, aren't they?

We had mice, then we had rats. I really loved the rats because they were more like dogs. Darcy was a blue rat and he would ride my shoulder..and snuggle me. I only wish they had a longer life expectancy. 2-3 years isn't long enough.

How long does a very healthy mouse live?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they're way too fast for me, but they're fun to watch, especially when they run in the wheel. and the pet store people said they live 2-3 years also.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Yep, my oldest lived to be 3. :) When I had all the baby mice, they used to all run on the wheel at the same time, and get going really fast...then they would get tired and just stop, and end up spinning around and around. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts