Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your views on small dogs? my mother owns 3 yorkies (yorkshire terriers - formerly used to chase and kill mice I think!) and way back when she bought the runt from a group of other yorkie puppies to help keep her eldest yorkie company at home. It turns out that the second yorkie didn't grow much, and she's a midget!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ohh, I love doggies! All sizes! Even large ones can be lap dogs. ;)

We have two chihuahuas. They are 4 years old.
Here's some pictures of them.

Our little goof, Rin.

My baby, Kyo. He holds a special place in my heart.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I like papalions but I owned a dog who I was told was part Pomeranian and part Border Collie that grew to be 46 pound when the vet said she should have been 15.We got her from a vet who took in the purebred mother Pom because her owners said she was "ruined" from the breeding with the Border collie dad.
that is the best picture I have of her.Her name was Sam and was my best friend until her death of old age in 2006.She was 16 years old in that picture.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I <3 dashchunds. My mom says that our family are all Dashchaholics.

I miss my buddy TJ (he was my parents' dog) he had an accident that broke his back in 2008 and it was really high on the spine so they had to put him down. Poor guy was only 5yo but we gave him 4 really good years after having 4 homes in the first 9 months of his life.

This picture was taken about a week before he was put down. He loved to burrow under blankets.

I miss my Teejers (my nickname for him)

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I'm not really interested in small dogs, but they are cute though. I refer big/ medium sized dogs!( Even though I love dogs)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm a dog person, although I have always had cats in my life.

I am not a 'small dog' person or a 'any breed' person... I am kinda a German Shepherd snob... lol. Never owned another breed and probably never will.

And just for kicks..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks guys, Stark loves the attention.. lol.

Moxie is stunning! What type of therapy work do you do?

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
My views on smaller dogs, or dogs in general? I love both. I've never owned a dog larger than ~15 pounds, though. I find smaller dogs tend to yap and yelp more, and larger dogs are calmer, but that's only because litte dog get away with behaviour that larger dogs simply can't; like tugging on a leash and jumping up on you.

Here's Tara (mix; Cocker Spaniel/Poodle, aka Cockapoo), the family dog, she's 10:

Here's my aunt's dog that I see about three times a week (mix; Poodle/American Eskimo/Cavalier King Charles Spaniel), she's around 3 months old right now and a little ball of fire:

I'm loving all these dog pictures! :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Beautiful doggers, all of them! We've got two cats and one shepherd border collie mix, otherwise known as a jumping long dog...here's Duncan:

·
Registered
293 Posts
I like papalions but I owned a dog who I was told was part Pomeranian and part Border Collie that grew to be 46 pound when the vet said she should have been 15.We got her from a vet who took in the purebred mother Pom because her owners said she was "ruined" from the breeding with the Border collie dad.
that is the best picture I have of her.Her name was Sam and was my best friend until her death of old age in 2006.She was 16 years old in that picture.
What a pretty girl she was! But what I want to know is how did a Pom give birth to a Border Collie mix? Was that Vet pulling your leg?

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Kobster, I was glad to go to page 2 on this thread and see you finally posted pictures of Moxie. I think there might be a Cat Forum rule that you can't talk about Moxie without also showing pictures. :)

Such a cutie. You can just tell she has a sweet soul.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
My family had a Yorkie when I was a kid. I dressed him up in doll clothes and took him for rides in a doll buggy...(poor guy). He was a great traveller- went with us on all our vacations.

·
Registered
188 Posts
What a pretty girl she was! But what I want to know is how did a Pom give birth to a Border Collie mix? Was that Vet pulling your leg?
My parents got her a little bit after I was born so I was to young to remember if it's true or not but that's what her vet records said and what my parents told me.If it counts there are pictures of me as a baby with really tiny pom puppy size Sam I could try and find.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts