Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of my brother's dog Duke. They rescued him from the local animal shelter. He was seized by the town because he didn't have updated animal tags. He was a regular customer. His old owner was a pothead and he'd just pay the $50 fine when Duke was caught instead of get the tags...but the last time Duke was caught, he just didn't feel like paying to get him out. So my brother, who works for the town, saw him locked up in the shelter and fell in love with him. They just got him at christmas when he was about 1.5 yrs. (I dunno whats up with his eye. It looks like he was "fake-sleeping" with his eye a little open and the flash made it look funny hehe.) Check out the way he sleeps with his legs and arms going in totally different directions hehe.

And just for the heck of it, here is my brother. He's three years older than me. He is sitting overlooking Rawson Lake in Kananaskis Country, Alberta, near our hometown in the Canadian Rockies. I miss him dearly. Since I live in Tennessee now I only get to see him a couple times a year.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
The dog is so sweet! Is it a black lab? I can't really tell from that position.
I hope you and your brother will reunite soon. I know it is hard to be away from the family and the home where you were born. The mountains are gorgeous too
Thanks for sharing the pictures - they are lovely!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is a black lab/akita husky mix. The akita is hard to see but he has the slim frame of an akita - labs tend to be a bit stockier and Duke is very lean and strong. He also has the akita tail. It is fluffy and curved slightly. Other than that, he looks like a lab and he definitely has the lab face. I just love him and he's a great dog. I am going home to see my family again on July 31st until August 20th so I can't wait to see them both!! And also my 19 yr old cat Mitzi!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Haha yeah that's funny the back part of the dog looks like it's just laying down to chew on a bone or something and the front looks like it's actually sleeping. Hehe what a cutie!
And that scenery in the background of your brother picture is awesome!!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya....I can't wait to get home...

In Memphis it is 90F heat index at 8:30 in the morning.
In Banff it is 75F at the peak of the day but it only feels like 73F...

Ahhhhhh...it's going to be a nice break..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Haha... Duke is so cute. Never seen a dog lie like that before. .. Doesn't look very comfortable... but it seems like he is.. hehe. Sweet~

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
That is a weird position he is in! He is cute though, that picture makes me miss my old doggie Polo, he was an all white Spitz, like an all white German Sheperd. He ran away...but anyways that picture is really neat with your brother. :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts