Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
she is so pretty! please show us more pictures, she's such a doll! I love her face, so cute!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awe thanks everyone......

I have a question for everyone who has had kittens....
she is me very first kitten and I have been keeping her mainly isolated in 1 room for 2 weeks now....well....she wants to get out in the house and explore, explore, explore.
I dont have many pics yet cuz' she is still really jumpy and nervous. She got scared on 2 different occasions and once pee'd on me and the other time she pooped on the floor.
How do I know when I can trust her to find her way back to the litterboxes? I dont think she is as ready as she wants to be.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Well as long as the litter box is not moved from where it has been I think she will be alright, I remember one incident where Puma and I had a little problem. But the litter box comes almost as an instinct for them because they can dig and cover so she will probably seek it out.

I say let her explore. :)

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok....I have 3 litterboxes right now....I have been afraid to let her roam at night because I dont want my other cat to be mean to her.
They seem to get along great so far....playing chase and grooming each other.....but Mi' Mi' can get a little too rough. I am over protective too.
At what point to just let them just have at it???

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
How CUTE! Of course, I'm biased because your little kitten looks just like my Sabby! Have you named her yet? Is she a Sabatina? :p

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know Annissa....remember way back when I think I pm'd you about Sabby....I think I did if I remember right.....Well......at that time Bosco was my only boy...(bless his soul)

I got Mi' Mi' and I thought maybe, just maybe, I could have 2 cats...
I called on an ad in the paper for this little one and I almost crapped my pants when she brought the kitten out to show her to me...
I just was not expecting her to look like that.....and I could not believe she was the last kitten left. I am truly blessed. Her name is Duchess.

·
Registered
366 Posts
heart melting...

What a sweetheart!! Some kitties are nervous and jumpy (I have two of those types myself - one is way worse than the other). In terms of when to let them "have at it" - I wouldn't hesitate to wait a while longer, until YOU feel comfortable with how they are together. I recall there were some agression issues with Mi' Mi' (right?) - take heart, though, it sounds like it's going pretty well. ACK! SO cute. I WANT her :twisted:

She really does look a LOT like Sabby! That was my first thought when I saw that picture. How about "Sabina" or "Sabine"? Although, I bet she has a name after two weeks with you.

More pictures! MORE pictures!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mi' Mi' is not as aggressive right now because we figured out that she went into heat.....she is still moody. I hope that gets better after she gets spayed! She will be laying with the kitten one second grooming her and then 3 seconds later chasing her in a not nice way...then I seperate them again....I pray this works out!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Well that is good news! I have to say, your situation doesn't sound bad - there's grooming and playing (and, yes, sometimes it gets out of hand, but still...). I think those are GREAT signs that you have the start of a good friendship going on there. After a little while, Duchess will be braver, and will be better able to deal with Mi' Mi's chasing, and you can slowly ease back in separating them. I would keep watching them, though, during these first few weeks together.

I'm not positive, but based on my own experience, the peeing and pooping in those scary situations is a very normal and common reaction. Pfeffa tends to pee when scared - usually this means in her carrier on the way to the vet, but she's also done the run-away-peeing thing too. Norville also was a pee-er and poop-er when in the carrier in the car. I think it was his reaction to stress.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts