Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:catSo I haven't been on here very much since I went on the road. I was driving a truck but decided it wasn't for me and resettled in Missouri. I wanted a cat, was going to wait but of course this guy showed up outside my building. He seems to be about 4 months old, a total doll very socialized. I took him in when it turned cold and he has been wonderful.
So I guess I am owned again! Meet Buddy Love!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
How nice that you have a new Buddy! :) He's cute. I hope he continues to settle in well.

Yes, trucking isn't for everyone. I've heard of some truckers who had their own trucks and also had little 4-legged Travel Companions. Not sure how well that works out, but it sounds nice.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes it took me about 6 months to realize I didn't want it as a career. I met more than a few truckers that had cats & dogs. Some had more than one (and you could tell without seeing them!). It's a solitary existence & although I enjoyed some of it the day-to-day wasn't for me. But it got me to where I am now & Buddy found me so all's well that ends well!

This part of Missouri I'm in- Springfield has a lot of indoor/outdoor cats and at first we all thought that was what Buddy was but he never left. LOTS of strays here too unfortunately and people move away ad leave their cats.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I think some things are just meant to be! and your situation is one of them. Lucky you! As a long time breeder, it became apparent to me that the best relationship between owner and kitten/cat was when the kitten/cat chooses its owner. There always seems to be a closer bond. This isn't always possible for a breeder who is looking for particular bloodlines, etc. and sometimes has to choose a cat without even seeing it in person and have it shipped. I was lucky that way where I got some very good cats that had wonderful temperaments and type that also really bonded with me. It's always my advice when someone goes to a shelter to adopt a cat....let the cat choose you and don't be swayed by into picking one because you'd like one of a different color or coat pattern. I think this applies for dogs as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts