Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So up until recently I had 2 indoor cats, Smeagol (9) and Mia (she is 6 or 7, I can't remember).
I recently moved to a 31 acre farm and decided to get 2 outdoor cats. Enter Bailey and Hallie. Bailey is 1, completely feral, and is momma to Hallie who is 10 weeks old. I didn't know that Bailey was feral until I brought her home. She hides 24/7 and I felt bad that Hallie didn't have someone to play with so my fiancé and I went to get another kitten from an oops litter that a stray had. Well, when 2 people go to look at kittens it's pretty difficult to just walk away with 1 so we wound up getting 2 more. Josie and Lilly, 6 weeks old. Josie is the runt and is a polydactyl. She is super tiny and has already almost died once just from being so small and her mom left her outside in a really bad thunderstorm.
Lilly and Josie are being bottle fed and they also get kitten wet food.
The 3 little ones are so sweet and cute (Josie looks like an alien tho because she is so tiny and hasn't grown into her eyes lol).
I'm attaching pictures in a reply!

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
AWW, they are adorable! How fun,three kittens. Is Bailey starting to feel more at ease? My Winston also had big eyes and big ears with a scrawny tail. My husband used to call him the bat eared, rat tail cat when I first got him.

·
Registered
451 Posts
How amazing of you to take on so many more kitties and give them such love. Good luck and enjoy! Loved seeing pics :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Bailey is still terrified of people. I've been keeping all the kitties in an empty 400 foot turkey house until the kittens are bigger and until Bailey bonds to me, but I don't think Bailey will ever come around so I am going to be taking her to the vet to get an exam, testing, shots, spay, microchipping, and getting her ear tipped. Then I will let her out. She hides in corner behind some wood and never comes out. Clearly she is miserable so I will get all of her vet stuff done ASAP so i can let her roam.
The kittens are quite content in the turkey house. Mice frequently go in and out so they can hunt a bit, there's boxes, wood structures to climb on, toys, etc. My fiancé is planning to make a huge cat tree. They'll love that.

Oh, I just realized that in my first post it kinda sounded like I don't have my indoor kitties anymore. I do, and they are soooo spoiled. They are part of the reason why me and my fiance's cats aren't allowed inside (Josie and Lilly are allowed to stay in the bathroom or my room nights until Josie gets bigger). My indoor cats are pretty bratty and if something really irritates them they will start spraying.
When my fiancé and I have our own house our cats will be indoor/outdoor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts