Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here are a couple of pics of my new kitty. I just picked him up from the shelter today. He is approximately 1 year old.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ahhh....why can't I get this to work? It worked last time. I will keep trying, but if someone can fix it that would be great too!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I can't wait to see how he looks after being on some high quality wet food and being brushed more frequently. I think his coloring is pretty unique. I've never seen anything like it before.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Is he not a black smoke? Looks like one to me. Does he have a white undercoat? Jack does. All of his hairs are white at the base and dark at the tips. For some reason those are popping up all over in shelters in my area.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ForJazz said:
Is he not a black smoke? Looks like one to me. Does he have a white undercoat? Jack does. All of his hairs are white at the base and dark at the tips. For some reason those are popping up all over in shelters in my area.
Yep. He sure is. I've never seen it before. They are very attractive!!! I love black kitties.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
His fur is actually like a two tone. It is black, but when you push it the other way it is white. Basically his undercoat is white, instead of all black.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
It's like Jack, Dawn. Only Jack has really prominent ghost tabby markings.

You can see the smoke on your kitty in the first picture the best I think. Does he have super gold-colored eyes? :) I get really excited when I see other smokes. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts