Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The grey striped cat is my new male Presley, i adopted him 2 weeks ago. The calico is a female named Lydia who i adopted in august. Presley is about a year old and Lydia is almost 2.

·
Super Moderator
8,186 Posts
Presley and Lydia are sooo cute! :D I like Presleys markings...how his tail has really dark black stripes. Do they get along with eachother ok?

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Presley's so cute with his dark tail tip. Lydia is just like my Sugar, cleaning, cleaning and then rolling on her back to sleep

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heather102180 said:
Presley and Lydia are sooo cute! :D I like Presleys markings...how his tail has really dark black stripes. Do they get along with eachother ok?
Thanks Heather, Presley is a large young male but he's more goofy than mean. Lydia is a little fluffball but she can be pretty mean. It's gone according to my plan so far, he runs up to her maybe to play or wrestle but then she sets him straight by hissing and then he backs down. She wont scratch him probably out of respect for his size and he respects her hissing. As you can see from the pics they can sleep next to each other but they havent gotten to the point of cuddling with each other yet and im not expecting that to happen for months if ever....... i'll definately post pics of that event if it does happen.

ForJazz said:
They are both very cute -- I am always happy to see people adopting adult cats.
Thanks ForJazz, For me adopting adults was the common sense thing to do since i live alone, kittens are cute but i was worried about all the destructive things they would do while i was working. Its also dangerous to leave kittens alone, i also have aquariums and was worried that a small kitten would learn to open the hood and i would come home and find 1 had drowned inside of it. That was just 1 of many possible dangers that crossed my mind for unsupervised kittens. Anyway, i'm happy with the 2 choices i made.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Cat Fancier said:
Thanks ForJazz, For me adopting adults was the common sense thing to do since i live alone, kittens are cute but i was worried about all the destructive things they would do while i was working. Its also dangerous to leave kittens alone, i also have aquariums and was worried that a small kitten would learn to open the hood and i would come home and find 1 had drowned inside of it. That was just 1 of many possible dangers that crossed my mind for unsupervised kittens. Anyway, i'm happy with the 2 choices i made.
So glad you thought it through -- too many people don't and wonder why their kitten isn't well trained and their computer cords are chewed up! lol. I like adopting adults for the same reasons you mentioned, and because like you, I am not home during the day, and wanted a cat whose personality was already developed so that I knew what I could expect.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ForJazz said:
So glad you thought it through -- too many people don't and wonder why their kitten isn't well trained and their computer cords are chewed up! lol. I like adopting adults for the same reasons you mentioned, and because like you, I am not home during the day, and wanted a cat whose personality was already developed so that I knew what I could expect.
Exactly!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Your pics are way too cute....Looks as if everyone is all set and good to go! I can just imagine you sitting there inbetween the those 2 cat beds.
For only having the new cat for 2 weeks....it looks to me as if they are getting along really well! :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BoscosMum said:
Your pics are way too cute....Looks as if everyone is all set and good to go! I can just imagine you sitting there inbetween the those 2 cat beds.
For only having the new cat for 2 weeks....it looks to me as if they are getting along really well! :D

I do enjoy sitting inbetween them and i also like how the catbeds help protect the furniture from cat fur.

They dont always get along well but it is going much better than i anticipated. I bought an extra litter tray and other stuff to have a separate basecamp in another room for Presley but i never ended up needing to use it. They have hissed and threaten each other with raised paws but no actual scratching or biting. As i type this they're eating from the same plate together for the 1st time which really surprised me.

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Presley is so cute. I love his white front paws... thier beds are unique.. Glad they are adjusting to each other so quickly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts