Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Some of you may remember me as Cosmo's owner before he passed away on the 2nd of this year. A coworker of mine came in last week with a poster for a kitten needing a home.

This was an feral born cat, but he has been tested and given a clean bill of health, he's also been neutered. He has adapted to indoor life quite well.
My coworker just dropped him off today, everything is going pretty well, except he doesn't seem thrilled with my dog - but once he gets used to Max (the dog) I think we'll be okay.

Here is a picture of the lil guy (he doesnt' have a name yet)

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
He is beautiful and I love the blaze on his face! Want to name him "Blaze"?

...I had been thinking of you and your loss with Cosmo. I'm glad you've got another kitty to keep your legacy of love for Cosmo alive by sharing your love with a new kitty.
Heidi

·
Super Moderator
18,409 Posts
Braeden...I'm so glad you got another kitty....he's a real cutie! Enjoy him. :wiggle :jump :wiggle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update

The new lil guy is named Boris (his previous owners started calling him that and he seems to like it)

At first he was a bit timid, but now he's bossing the dog around and running around the house like a little maniac. I walked by him the other day and he was eating, it looked strange. After everything I had gone through with Cosmo (Fatty Liver Disease), watching a cat eat on his own was a surreal but welcome change.

Boris is not very vocal, Cosmo used to talk all the time (I miss it), I haven't heard Boris since he was initally brought into the house; but that is okay, everyone has different personalities.

anyway...hope everyone else is doing well!!

later
Braedan :wink:

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
Everyone here is doing well. Malibu has really bounced back. Her weight is back to what it was...BUT...now she is also PLAYING! I heard a banging noise at the end of the hall (bathroom door) and looked to see what it was, it was Mal trying to catch her tail! She does this almost every evening, now, for at least 10-20 minutes. She snuggles with me more (she used to be an aloof previous-feral) and wants to be in my lap when I'm on the computer, sleep at my head, neck or chest at night and she will even play with my hand using gentle paws (no claws).

Give Boris some time, maybe you could trill and meow at him, to encourage him to use his language with you. I liked reading that he was running around like a maniac. That made me smile. :) I'm sorry you lost Cosmo, but I'm glad you have Boris to love, too....
Heidi

1 - 11 of 11 Posts