Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday I went and got my new kittens.

They are 7 weeks old and little bundles of energy.

They are called Mistoffelees and Minxie. The black and white boy is Mistoffelees, he's smaller than his sister. Minxie is black girl. Although they both have a kinda brown/blue hint to them.

Right now they are jumping all over the front room.

1384889618083.jpg 1384889640662.jpg 1384889660357.jpg
Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are so lovely...... very hyper at the moment. Although they have discovered that if they both curl up on my shoulder and go to sleep I wont move.

Next thing is getting them to use the litter tray at the monent. They go on newspaper but not in the tray. But they are cute enough to get away with it.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
take a section of the paper that they have "used" and put it in the litter tray with just a little litter, hopefully they will use it again then start increasing the amounts of litter..

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
They are adorable! Try using a low sided tray, even a cardboard box with a plastic liner will do for now and put a little bit of litter and a piece of the soiled or wet paper in it. Place the kittens in the box and let them smell the paper. Hopefully they will get the idea. They are still babies and accidents may happen, but kitties learn very quickly. Later on you may want to get at least two litter boxes. Congratulations on you fur babies!

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
With teeny kittens you will not be able to give them run of the house and expect them to be able to find the litter box. Keep them confined to the room you are in and have their box in there until they are older. My Billy was the only kitten we ever adopted at 4 months. He would go in to the living room and get wrapped up in play then couldn't make it to the box in time. We had a real issue with this until we took down the wall separating the LR from the rest of the house. After we did that, we never had an issue. If you can't take down walls, at least have several boxes throughout the house. You can always downsize the # as they get older. They ARE super cute!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Absolutely adorable - and I think a lot of people gave you some great advice.
It's too bad that they were taken away from Mom so early, but they're obviously in good hands. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts