Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from my cats, I am also owned by an AmStaff (Buddy), a blue-tongued skink (Thorne), and a tarantula (Cinder). Buddy was a rescue. He had been terribly abused and mistreated (mild words for being beaten, sprayed with a garden hose at full force, used as an ashtray and used as a bait dog). I'll never understand his ability to forgive all humans for his past misery, but he is loving, gentle and devoted. He is also a protector of all cats, whether they are our two inside pets or one of the many strays I feed.
Cinder is a salmon pink bird eating tarantula (no, she does not eat birds). I have had her since her leg span was only 1/4". She now has a leg span of over 7". I do not handle her or allow anyone to handle her. Not because of any harm she could do to humans, but because of the harm that could befall her.
Thorne is, well, a lizard. Not affectionate, but not harmful.
(I will be posting pics of all my furry friends as soon as I am allowed.....)

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your dog...that's terrible. But I'm glad he now has a good home. We have a few other members with a tarantula, although I'm not one of them. I'm terrified of spiders (and lizards)! Your kitty in your avatar is adorable.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :D

Buddy sounds like an amazing dog...it's incredible how much mistreatment they can go through and still have so much love to give, isn't it? My last dog, a Dalmatian, was terribly mistreated by his previous owner as well...beaten, left in the garage all day, tormented by a Great Dane that also lived with him (this dog literally chewed on his entire head and he had small scars from his teeth on his face...the people thought it was funny and let him be tormented...), and his tail was broken at some point. But even through all that, he was the best most sweetest dog I've ever owned.

And another tarantula owner, yay! I've owned a male Costa Rican Zebra and Pink-toe in the past. Currently, only Edgar is left...she's a Chilean Rose and has been with my boyfriend and I for about 7 years now (by my estimate she's about 10 now). I used to hold her a lot when we first got her, but she had a molt that made her personality change a bit, and I don't hold her anymore (I pet her gently though). Tarantulas are such wonderful pets!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts