Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am no good at doing digital drawings and admire your contests that you have. I thought I would have a go and draw in pastels a picture of Punky. Here is my work in progress, the is only my second drawing in pastels (the first being a flower that came out ok lol)

Please let me have your comments, I will post up more pictures as I do them.

Sorry the picture is a bit blury, when complete I will post up a scan

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
done a bit more,

Thanks for your kind comments Hayley, I would love to do a picture of Dylan if you want me to?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Rob,

Thanks for your kind comments, hopefully I will do Punky justice :) I am very pleased with the basics so far, I will keep you all posted but I will try not to rush this because if I do it usually all goes wrong!!! lol

The hardest bit will be Punky's whiskers lol

Catlover, let me get this pastel completed then perhaps I will see if anybody would like their cat drawn :)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
EmmaG said:
Thanks for your kind comments Hayley, I would love to do a picture of Dylan if you want me to?
Wow that'd be cool :D

At the moment my boyfriend is intent on getting some canvas and have both of us try and paint a picture of Dylan for our new home - but I am useless :lol: so I'd love to see what you could do :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tell you what Hayley, email me some pictures of Dylan, and I will have a go at doing a picture of him after I have done Punky, I am not sure what medium would be best to do him in as I do acrylics, pencils, charcoal and pastels. My email address is [email protected] I do really need the best high resolution pictures you have got, the more detail in the pictures the better I can draw him.

I have a feeling his long fur would be best suited to Pastels.

If it works out ok I will send you the original :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Done a bit more, these bits of colour you can see haven't been blended yet, I have mainly been working on the nose and also the left ear.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for everybodies kind comments, now this picture is starting to look better :)

lastest picture with the base colours blended

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gosh you lot will have me blushing.... :)

Here is the last picture for tonight, I have done most of the detail on the face apart from the chin, tomorrow I hope to get the rest of the body done and face finished. I hope you like it Rob :)

The pictures don't really do it justice as it is so much nicer in the flesh..

1 - 20 of 56 Posts