Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm home at my parents at the moment and my doggy isn't well :cry: He has a heart murmur but its so bad he can't breathe as well and last night he collapsed in front of me :( Totally out of it as he urinated on floor and was out for a few seconds... When he came round he didn't want to move much and seemed quite scared.... is so upset :cry:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is on medication from vets - vet reckons he could last another year at least if these tablets help... He only had his tablets a few days so my mum is waiting to see if they have an effect. I said to her about letting him go... She said she would if nothing improved, or he got worse.

Is just sad... he is 13 had him since I was 8 :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
please, if your dog does that again, get him to an emergency vet. as is, he should go back and get checked by your regular vet-

the syncope is signaling very severe heart disease, and you may want to see if the vet can give you other drugs to help him breath, etc.

best of luck.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Aw that doesn't sound good. Sounds like your doggy needs to see a vet. Does this happen reguarly?(sp?)

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your dog. :( My parents whippet is in a similiar condition where he collapsed and his heart is very bad. They have a scale that they evaluate them on and he is at the high end. It's a good sign if he continues to eat well.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He isn't eating much... showing no improvement... My Mum and Dad are taking him to the vets tonight and will probably have to say goodbye to him... :( :cry:

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I am so sorry. :cry:

I think I may be approaching that time with Howie.......he is also 13.

You are in my thoughts. *HUGS*

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He's gone :cry: Will miss him so much...

Vet didn't say much different from what we already know - serious heart condition and nothing they could do etc... I am so glad I was home at the weekend as I said my own goodbyes silently before I left Monday.

My doggy - Cross, 24/07/1991 - 13/10/2004

1 - 20 of 22 Posts