Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here is a video of my new kitty, Missy. As you can see, she is a tortie so she is all attitude :)
Missy was a stray. She showed up at my friend's cousin's house in NJ one day. She was full of mats, ear mites and was all skin and bones. The woman (Meredith) took her in and got her to a vet. The vet gave her vaccinations, cleaned up her ears and cut some of the mats out of her fur. Meredith kept her, and named her "Miss Cat" for about 2 months. But Meredith has two dogs and three kids so she knew she could not keep the cat full time. She put out a message to her friends and family that she had a cat for adoption, and when my friend asked me if I was interested in a cat, I said yes. :) I drove over an hour down to NJ to get the cat I call "Missy". I set her up with a "safe room" and bought a book called "Think Like a Cat" so I could learn how to make her as comfortable as possible...
Here she is... There is a video of her room and one of her "hissing" at me. She was "hiding" in the litter box because I got too close to her bed with the vacuum and she got spooked :(

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it is taking her a bit of time... she has been with me for three weeks now... but I can see that she is getting more comfortable with me. tonight she even let me put ear drops in!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
She's a sweetheart! She's still seems a tad nervous, but seems to be getting comfortable with you, and she enjoys being petted around the head.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Awww, she obviously loved being pet around her head. What a sweetie. I bet it's not the litter she likes hanging out in; it's the container around her. Have you tried giving her another container to sit in, like a box or blanket in a circle on the floor? I bet she'd love that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes the first video shows her actual bed which is under the top to the litter box. her bed does have nice walls on it to kind of "hug" her.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts