Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mountain Dews Code red soda.

Secret obsession...hmm I dont think I have one ... maybe its just not obvious to me lol

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
Yah.......

I sew and craft and thrift. That's as exciting as i get. I obsess over vintage, anything from the 30's & 40's.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
I'm not as obsesssed as others I hang out with, (i play with ships from pre 1920) most of these are scratch built... (a large number of modelers are also cat owners, cats are often referred to as chief inspector, new box investigator,lost part locator)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Obsessed?? Books. I'm obsessed with books. I read a TON, mostly fantasy and sci-fi, some urban fantasy...some biographies. Now that I'm working at a library I'm trying to branch out a bit more.

But the true obsession is OLD books. I get to pick through the donations the library gets and I get all *drool*... happy. Something about them is wonderful. Especially since I get buy them for $1 each!!!

A 1901 copy of Macbeth!
Rudyard kipling poems (no date)
Poems by a Canadian Poet (I just think it's pretty....)

Attachments

·
Registered
825 Posts
Today, it's landscaping and bird feeders.

Tomorrow could (likely) be a completely different focus, but there will be a focus.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
I agree with Hugh, the fleet is amazing! It would be fun to see them set sail.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Obsessed?? Books. I'm obsessed with books. I read a TON, mostly fantasy and sci-fi, some urban fantasy...some biographies. Now that I'm working at a library I'm trying to branch out a bit more.

But the true obsession is OLD books. I get to pick through the donations the library gets and I get all *drool*...
Please do not drool on the books. Thank you.

·
Registered
473 Posts
OK. Aside from cats and parrots I do have two big vices: books, especially scifi, fantasy and historic novels and especially old books. My pride is an original copy of Frank G Slaughter's "That None Should Die" written in the late 1940s and predicting socialized medicine and the rise of the medical services industry. The second is a dirty little secrete: I write books. I have two finished, three in progress.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love books, but I've recently (well, 2 years ago) embraced my Sony eReader. Since then I've slowly been converting my library to electronic format, and only keeping the sentimental ones - and my comics, of course. If I remember to take one I'll post a picture of my slimmed down library.

I think my favourite job (well, current one excluded) was at the Wee Book Inn. It was a great little 2nd hand bookshop, and we had two Himalayans (Gump and Boom Boom) that lived in-store and re awesome, even if they were old and mostly furniture cats. That job taught me very good cat keeping etiquette - when you get paid to vacuum and clean the litterbox every night, you realize it's no big deal.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts