Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
the picture where he is youngest, i just got him from the humaine society(arizona)...he had a cold, and was taken to the vet soon after i took the pic of him...you can see he has a runny noise , the poor thing..

the other pics are older, and the one is where he is 6 months, his age now. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF HE IS A CHOC POINIT OR SEAL POINT?

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
This is the difference from what I've read:

Seals have a fawn body, with dark chocolate colored points. Their paw pads are dark brown, as is their nose leather.

Chocolates have an ivory body, with milk chocolate points. Their paw pads and nose leather is a rosy brown color.
Since he doesn't have papers, he could be mixed with anything else. No matter what, he's adorable!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I took more pics, smaller, will install them in a minute...i believe he leans towards seal point, just a quess...i cannot seem to edit the first post to install new pics????????:catmilk

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks...hes nice cat, though just wants to eat everytime i do, and my food..i am going to control his diet, not going to have a fat cat like my friends.:catmilk

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
Kittens can eat mostly all they want for about the first 10 months. They burn off so much energy.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
shows that you never know what can be found at a shelter!!!! one very nice cat...

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
He's lovely! To distinguish between chocolate and seal, you could check his paw pads. As posted my Marie, the paw pads of a seal are typically very dark (almost black), whereas the pads of a chocolate are cinnamon color with a pink undertone. I can't see the paw pads in the pictures. :)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Adorable kitten you have here! :D

If he is already this dark at 6 month old, then he is definitely a seal point. Choc is a lot lighter, where body will be ivory, and the point won't darken until 1 year old or even later.

Here is a pic of my choc girl at 7 1/2 month old. You can see how light her point is, and her body is (and will be) pure white :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
He's so cute!! What's his name?
He colors have gotten dark very quickly for 6 months. I was gonna say Chocolate Point, but I'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
aww he looks like our Sammy! We found him at a shleter too. He is almost def a seal point. congrats on the new addition to your family ...

and a question for the Siamese owners here ... anyone else have a cat that "smurgles"? that is suckles on your ears or any other likely body part? Sam actually gave our daughter a kitten sized hickey once which we laughed over for days. And my earlobes became chapped for a few months until his adult teeth came in ... LOL:cool

1 - 20 of 22 Posts