Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am extremely upset, as I'm sure you understand. I will be online somewhat sporadically for a few days. It never gets easier, does it? He wasn't ill, just old, but I knew it would be soon, just not this soon. My eyes are swollen from crying, and I know I'd be better off keeping busy, but it's hard to stop thinking about him. What a loving dog he was, and oh, how much he was loved.

·
Registered
453 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with you. They become so much an absolute part of our lives that losing them is far too painful.Some question whether the eventual pain is worth risking the love. Even with the present pain and hurting, you and I both know, the love is worth the pain.

The song that catapulted Garth Brooks to fame and fortunes probably would have done the same for most anyone fortunate to have first recorded it. The song was rare, with a special way of saying something often overlooked.

"I could have missed the pain, but I'd a had to miss....... the dance

·
Registered
656 Posts
I am very sorry to hear about your dog Jeanie! It is always hard to deal with the death of a loved one. We are here for your support! *hugs*

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate your kindness. He was such a gentle and sweet natured dog. I will miss him terribly. He was my puppy, although he was 12 years old.

Lori, my heart goes out to you and your family. I saw that you had also posted in the Rainbow Bridge.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I'm sorry to hear, Jeanie. I lost my childhood dog a few months ago, he made it to 14 years old but the last few were rough.

Take care, and feel better soon.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, Rob. It's hard, isn't it? Twelve years is a long life for a big dog. He was 28 inches at the shoulders and 90 pounds (2 inches higher than the Collie standard), and two years ago, the vet said he would probably live only another year, not because of any problem he had, just because of age. I think his heart just wore out. By the looks of things, he just went to sleep. I hope that was the case.

You never forget your dogs or cats. :( I still get a huge lump in my throat when I think of the pets I've lost. At least, this time, there was no suffering or long, drawn out illness. I agree with James... we don't want to miss the dance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts