Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first started fostering for the rescue org I'm with, Bree came to me basically emaciated with a bad URI. She had to get sent back to the head cat foster coordinator for special treatment daily before coming back to me a week later, looking almost twice her old size! Bree was so thin when I first got her that she escaped between the bars of baby gates with ease!

Abby had her own little 'situation', where the commotion of an all night trip from WV to VA and then into my house drove her bat **** insane. I slept in jeans and a hoody the first night hoping she wouldn't gouge my eyes out or rip me to shreds. She was extremely defensive (and borderline aggressive) the first two or three days, but then started to calm down and now she's an awesome cat!

This is a video I made of them recently for my foster org, I'll get some photos up soon. Bree is on the left, Abby on the right. I think Bree is a torti point (is that a siamese mixed with tortie??) and Abby a blue point?

I've had Bree for like 3 months now, and Abby about a month. Bree is scared of new people and new environments so she is going to be a tough sell. I am thinking of 'strongly recommending' Abby get adopted with Bree, since I think Abby will be adopted relatively quickly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So good news! A retired couple, with no other pets, adopted Bree and Abby this past Wednesday! They've owned 4 Siamese cats prior to this and have been looking through newspapers trying to find a Siamese/pair to adopt for the past year! So for all my work on the descriptions, videos, and photos, it all came down to the fact that they are Siamese/Siamese mixes.. hah.

I will be fostering a 5.5 year old sister pair after the new years, but for just this week I am with a cat named Camper, who fully embodies and catifies what it means to snuggle. He's curled up around my chest and lap purring up a storm as I type this post on my bed. :thumb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts