Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently (with the addition of my 4th cat) resigned myself to being seen as the "crazy cat person"... Being in the middle of vet school, it isn't necessarily seen as a bad thing by my friends, but still somewhat true. I do have a hard time turning a cat in need away. I have the luck of having good friend to bash my head with some class notes when I need a reminder that my resources have a limit.

The one who has been with me the longest is my grouchy Gazelle who is turning 11 in a few days. She's actually the only healthy one...

Zia, though only with me for a bit more than 2 years, is the eldest at at least 12 in the dentists opinion (she needed all, but a few teeth removed). She is FIV+, has a beginning HCM (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy), chronic inflammatory rhinitis, bilateral medial otitis and pneumonia... She is also the BEST CAT EVER :) Sorry, she really is my "cat soulmate".

Merlin, another FIV+, spent a year at the school's shelter before I cave in and brought him home. He is a sweetheart, but has no understanding of boundaries... He also has a beginning HCM. While investigating a cough (that we still have no answer too), we found he was in renal failure and has a stone lodge in his ureter. Oh, and he had a polyp in his right middle ear removed and now is starting to have neurological deficit due the one growing in his LEFT middle ear. He is full of surprise.

Esteban, a beautiful Himalayan, was found outside by my classmate when she returned from summer vacation. He was supposed to be a foster for a few weeks, but we ended diagnosing him with severe IBD / intestinal lymphoma (probably the reason he was left outside) so he is now a permanent addition.

There's also Bella, the Meyer's Parrot, who runs the whole house.

I tried uploading pictures, but my internet connection sucks... I'll try it later.

PS: English isn't my first language so excuse any funny spelling or turn of phrase. Thank you

Houdini

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hello and welcome! What a kind heart you have, and sounds like you have lots of experience to share too.

Also, your English is excellent I would have never guessed you aren't a native speaker. :grin:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts