Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... so I arrive home and see a trail of blood leading from the kitchen backdoor all the way through the living room up to the bathroom. My first terrifying thought was - Fred has been injured in a cat fight, so with a trembling heart I go to check on him - but he's just sitting there, all clean, calm and normal. Not even the slightest scratch and considering the amount of blood on the floor, it just cannot be his. Having a closer look at the crime scene, it looks like he's been carrying something around, so it could have been a bird or a mouse, but the strangest thing is that apart from blood there were no feathers, bones or any other evidence of an eaten pray. Could have he really eaten it all? We checked all around the house and backyard, nothing. If he would have caught a bird in the backyard, there should have been at least some feathers - nothing at all - and the blood appears right at the kitchen door, as if Fred had been sitting there and a mouse ran right into his mouth ;P

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
I think he ate the whole thing! Is he smiling and purring?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Keep Looking! My old cat once caught seven mice that came into the house and lined them up neatly under a big bulky desk. When we had a flood in the basement, we moved the desk as part of the cleanup and found the mice, be headed and skinned!

You feline fur ball may have tucked them away for later...

·
Registered
351 Posts
You must have big mice. When one of my cats happens to catch a mouse, it is played with, chewed a bit, and left but there is never much blood, maybe a little where the poor critter met his fate.

So, if yoyu were following a blood trail? Hmmmmm, I doubt a bird since no feathers....should be some somewhere if he caught a bird...so what is left? A gopher? a hairless something? good luck finding it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Good luck finding it! If he didn't ask to be fed, I'm guessing he ate it. Cats can eat fur, bones, and all. I don't think they usually eat EVERY thing, but it's possible. Wonder if he took it back outside... Did you look under the bed? The couch, any other pieces of furniture? My cats would probably put it under the ottoman. Or IN the ottoman, it has a hole in the bottom of the liner and they get up in it and hide, then stick their paws out and swat each other, or us, as we walk by. LOL.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Did you look under the bed?
now you sound like the geico commercial where the daughter is looking for her fish.

i knew dogs saved snacks for later, but my cats don't save a thing. they lick each other's bowls for crumbs lmao. and no no, i don't starve them--they're just pigcats.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it's been almost a week since the mysterious killing and we still haven't found anything. Have no idea what happened here that day, let's just hope that my dear cat doesn't turn into a serial killer!

·
Banned
603 Posts
We couldnt find our hamster forever and were sure on of the cats got it. We found its skceletel remains the day we moved in the basement. Ugh!:crying

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Well it's been almost a week since the mysterious killing and we still haven't found anything. Have no idea what happened here that day, let's just hope that my dear cat doesn't turn into a serial killer!
or . . . DAH DUH DUH . . . a vampire.:devil

1 - 11 of 11 Posts