Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! This is my recently rescued kitten Elvis, from what I believe he was a tuxedo kitten and then he started forming silver stripes what coloring do y'all consider this? Also his hair is growing into a Mohawk, short on the sides and very long on his back...will his hair on the sides grow long as he ages?:ROFLMAO:just some things I’m curious about! Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,687 Posts
Elvis is adorable!

I used to call Charlee "spike" because when she was a kitten her hair was spiky and crazy looking. Here she is doing her dance, first day home with me.

She grew into a long haired cat
Charlee.jpg

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Elvis color looks to me to be Silver Tabby & White in most photos, but if there's a warm brown hair coming in especially around the head, then he could be a Brown Tabby Somewhat difficult to see the barring on his sides whether it's like tiger stripes or a round bull's eye.....the tiger stripe is called Mackeral, and the bull's eye Classic or just Tabby. So his color and pattern could be Silver Mackeral Tabby & White. The uneven shorter coat on sides and longer in back is similar to a Maine **** Cat whose coat is uneven with it shorter over shoulders and longer in belly and britches and with a long fluffy tail.. It takes almost a year for a kitten's long coat to develop. If there is any Maine **** Cat blood in him he will be a big cat.....long in body and males can weigh up to 20 lbs. Of course, he may or may not be purebred, as that can only be determined by having the proper registration paper work, and pedigree from a registered Maine **** breeder.. At the moment he is regarded as a "Domestic Long Hair". He has a very sweet and friendly facial expression and I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with him. All the best!

Here's a link to the Cat Fanciers Assoc. (CFA) Maine **** Cat that may interest you.
Maine **** Cat – The Cat Fanciers' Association, Inc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts