Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Wow, that's quite a pile of fur! The one time I tried a Furminator on Rookie, she wasn't having any part of it -- in spite of loving to be brushed.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i had never used the furminator on her before so when i got it out she looked at me like, yeah ok what is that?!?! lol so i brushed her with the flea comb thing that i have used before and when she turned her back i switched and she never knew the difference! then after a few minutes she layed her head down and relaxed so it must have felt good! and now she is soft as silk!!! needless to say i had to change my sheets, clothes, and even had hair in my nose! but it was worth it! lol

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I have a cheap brush that does basically the same thing- remove the dead undercoat (not as well as yours though!)- anyways, I brushed all four of the family's cats outside the back door. There is fur in my neighbor's yard, some blew over the roof and is in the trees and grass, its stuck on all my mom's flowers and my dad pulled a bunch out of the pool filter. The resident wren pair have stuffed their annual nest with cat hair. (and continue to abuse us- why they continue to build a nest in the fake bird-house decoration that my mom puts outside the front door, even when they KNOW that humans walk past all the time... I'll never know))

I am not allergic to cats, but even I was getting itchy and sniffly after that. I felt hairier than the cats!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha! well the ideal place to brush her would be outside, but she doesnt go out she is strickly a inside kitty! and the place she feels most comfortable and safe is the bed, so its the best place to do stuff! i moved in with my parents back in november and the only thing i brought was my bed, so its familiar to her!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they make several sizes of the furminator, cat dog and equine, we have them all lol but i used the cat one for nadia, but i think the dog one would work a little better because of her long fur... the cat one works well on the short hair cats. i forgot to mention that that was just from her back, i didnt even get to her under side or tail!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts