Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people say they trim their cats nails - but I don't see the point really. 8O

I've never trimmed Tigger's nails - and he has never had a problem. His nails never grew to such lengths that it has hurt him... like say - how a dog's nail's grow very long - they just seemed to grow to a certain length and then stop. My dad figured it was because he went outside a lot... but all he ever does outside is sleep on the porch...

Just wondering why some people do this - not that I think it's wrong or anything - just wondering why it is done? What kind of benifits there are?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aonir said:
Cats nails grow.. and grow.. and grow. If they aren't trimmed, like dogs, they will eventually begin to curl.
I'm wondering if I miss him doing that kind of thing... but I've never seem him do it before. I've also never had a cat who's nails had curled over like a dogs... weird!

Does it help to keep them from scratching as deep? Like if they are playing with another kitty?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.