• Other -please specify

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new foster's name is Princess. I'm not really a fan of the name and I would like to find something more suitable.

I was thinking either Karitsa, which means lamb in Finnish or Vixen.

Pics to help with the decision.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Hmmmm....Curlee? Shasta?

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
OMG! Whatever you decide on, it doesn't matter! She is gorgeous! That coat!!! <3 Do you know what she is? Does she have Kuvasz in her?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OMG! Whatever you decide on, it doesn't matter! She is gorgeous! That coat!!! <3 Do you know what she is? Does she have Kuvasz in her?
You've hit it bang on Time Bandit. She is a Kuvasz. The cats are still getting used to her but I still haven't done a formal intro as she very vocal and they get scared.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the suggestions. I'm going to run them all by the ladies from the rescue. :)

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Poor girl. She must not have been well socialized as a young pup. The Kuvaszok are not barky unless alerting.... if they are raised and socialized properly.

I'm glad you're aren't near me.... I'd be awfully tempted. I have wanted a Kuvasz since I met my grandmother's in Hungary when I was a child. She was a guard dog for their sheep (and fowl). She would follow the herd out in the AM to graze and follow them back to the yard at night and she slept on the porch to keep an eye on the house AND the herd.

I change my vote. I'd go with something from her heritage.

Rozsa - (Rose -za -and roll the R) That was my grandmother's dog's name. It means Rose.

Fehér Virág- (fe-hear) means white and (V -rog roll the R again) means flower. White Flower.

Anico (On-i-co) means Gracious

Irenka - Means peaceful.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She is pretty social. She has shown no indications of aggression, or shyness. She lived with other dogs, a cat, and a house full of children. She was sent to the shelter because the lady was older and thought it too much for her to handle energy wise. She just likes to groan, grunt, and grumble to hear her own voice :lol:
But yes, I was expecting a quieter dog....
We have decided to go with the name Karitsa. Thank you all for the suggestions. Lots of really nice names I will be keeping in mind for future fosters, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts