Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This little 3 month old Siamese kitten was brought into my clinic Last Monday with a shattered left elbow and radial paralysis. There was no option but to amputate the arm. The person who brought the kitten in had just found him so he signed him over to a rescue group who picked up the bill. He had his surgery on Wednesday and came home with me on Saturday! I just fell in love with him!

He is coping very well with being an amputee, he can balance to wash himself, scrape in the litterbox, climb and play. He is very affectionate and will sit in my lap and purr for hours. He is also very inquisitive and playful. He is absolutely fearless, which is probably how he got himself into this situation to begin with! :lol:

He gets on very well with my lot. He follows my big boy Thurston around like a shadow and they had their first play this evening. My older guy Kobie is still feeling him out. They only get supervised together time. I wouldn't have introduced them so fast but Thurston seemed desperate to meet him, and wasn't at all concerned by him. No hissing, no growling, no fighting. I guess I'm lucky on this one.

I need help naming him. I'm having the hardest time.

Names in the running are:

Lefty
Sushi
Sully
Purrcy
Pod
Pepsi

I'm open to any suggestions.

Its hard to get a decent pic as he is a busy little bee!

·
Super Moderator
26,514 Posts
You are such a softie - bless your heart! :heart

I like Purrcy! :D

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Awww poor little guy :(
It's wonderful that he is adapting so fast... you are an angel for taking the cute little monkey with you!!

As for names, I love Sushi and Purrcy :D

·
Registered
874 Posts
Awwwww... what a sweet little darling face... :heart .. poor little soul... I'm so glad you have him!! I love the name Purrcy...seems to suit him well!! :thumb

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Aw. How kind of you to bring him into your home, but how lucky you are at the same time. He's a beauty!!!

I like Purrcy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It always breaks my heart to see an animal with 2 or 3 legs. Even though they can cope with it. It's good he found a loving home!!!
My mother has a siamese cat named Sushi -haha- So, that sounds like a good name.
A suggestion:
Sinbad.
My daughter suggests the name Dreamer.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I think the name Sully has stuck, after the monster in monsters inc. Its suits his personality. He's a sweet little monster, but a monster none the less.

He has completely made himself at home here. Hopping from lap to lap and playing with Thurston and swatting at the dogs tail. He even climbed up into the cat tree tonight. I'm amazed at how well he is coping with the amputation. It did break my heart when I was playing with da bird and he was trying to swat at it with his stump. :(

Here are some more pics from today.

Does anyone know the difference between a seal point and a chocolate point?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Aww, I was going to say that a friend of mine had a three legged cat *it was born that way* that they named Tripod and I thought that was brilliant. I'm glad he's coping alright and found a great home with you. :)

^.".^

1 - 20 of 44 Posts