Cat Forum banner

Name my new kitty

3K views 43 replies 23 participants last post by  marie73 
#1 ·
This little 3 month old Siamese kitten was brought into my clinic Last Monday with a shattered left elbow and radial paralysis. There was no option but to amputate the arm. The person who brought the kitten in had just found him so he signed him over to a rescue group who picked up the bill. He had his surgery on Wednesday and came home with me on Saturday! I just fell in love with him!

He is coping very well with being an amputee, he can balance to wash himself, scrape in the litterbox, climb and play. He is very affectionate and will sit in my lap and purr for hours. He is also very inquisitive and playful. He is absolutely fearless, which is probably how he got himself into this situation to begin with! :lol:

He gets on very well with my lot. He follows my big boy Thurston around like a shadow and they had their first play this evening. My older guy Kobie is still feeling him out. They only get supervised together time. I wouldn't have introduced them so fast but Thurston seemed desperate to meet him, and wasn't at all concerned by him. No hissing, no growling, no fighting. I guess I'm lucky on this one.

I need help naming him. I'm having the hardest time.

Names in the running are:

Lefty
Sushi
Sully
Purrcy
Pod
Pepsi

I'm open to any suggestions.

Its hard to get a decent pic as he is a busy little bee!

See less See more
#13 ·
It always breaks my heart to see an animal with 2 or 3 legs. Even though they can cope with it. It's good he found a loving home!!!
My mother has a siamese cat named Sushi -haha- So, that sounds like a good name.
A suggestion:
Sinbad.
My daughter suggests the name Dreamer.

#18 ·
Well I think the name Sully has stuck, after the monster in monsters inc. Its suits his personality. He's a sweet little monster, but a monster none the less.

He has completely made himself at home here. Hopping from lap to lap and playing with Thurston and swatting at the dogs tail. He even climbed up into the cat tree tonight. I'm amazed at how well he is coping with the amputation. It did break my heart when I was playing with da bird and he was trying to swat at it with his stump. :(

Here are some more pics from today.

Does anyone know the difference between a seal point and a chocolate point?

#21 ·
He looks like a seal point. Which means basically that his color will continue to darken up his arms and that his creamy color will darken too into more of a tanish. It will probably start with the top of his back and then over the first few years get darker all over. He's BEAUTIFUL!!!

My Mahlee is a lilac point, rather than a blue point, the biggest differences I have noted are the point coloring on her legs are mainly just on her feet, not all the way up her arms. The pads of her feet and the skin of her nose is more of a pinkish/purple rather than a true grey (blue). The color points on her face appear to take much longer to come in and probably will not be near as dark as a blue point, while the rest of her fur will stay the light creamy color across her back, it won't turn darker like it would with a Seal point or a Blue point.

Seal point is the darker of the browns, Blue point is the dark of the blues.

Hope that helps.

#24 ·
kitty-amputee

well, I can't help you w/name-but I must express my heartfelt gratitude that you are homing and loving this litttle one--I am sure he will live a happy, fun-filled life with you as his Mom---was thinking of the old Tv series called "the fugitive"--w/David Jannsen starring as the doc convicted of killing his wife---he claimed to have seen a one-armed man running from the crime scene---well, that was another scary senior moment for me.............

#25 ·
Personally, if Sully is what suits him, then you should by all means stick with the name. The last cat that I rescued went nameless for almost a month because we waited to see what his personality was.
As it turned out, we went with "Mouse" because not only does he "squeak" like a mouse,:oops: but, he is also very skittish, and will hide at the drop of a hat,:roll: and when he walks around the house, you don't hear him at all.8O

#26 ·
Well I've tried it for a day and it just doesn't fit. Sully isn't his name.

I keep coming back to sushi, but my mom doesn't like it. I'm thinking maybe Vader (as in invader) as he has come in and taken over!

I know it will come with time, but I'm so impatient! :) I want to know what to call him!

He climbed all the way to the top of the cat tree today. Disabled he is NOT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.