Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My freak of a cat has recently started chewing on the bottom of our front door. He also has mutilated the mini-blinds and still chews on them. I have tried squirting him with water, GARLIC water, spraying cat repellent, rubbing garlic on the bottom of the door, and none of that stuff works. I heard that vinegar is supposed to repel them also but when I tried that he just licked it. Anyone have a suggestion, preferably cheap and something I already have in my house? I dont think it has anything to do with a vitamin deficiency or parasites because he only does it when we are not looking at him, he eats well, never goes outside, and has been de-wormed a few months ago (someone gave him to me). If there is such a thing a cat muzzle I would try that too. :D

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well before I read your post I had tried rubbing some Tabasco sauce on the door, I guess my cat is Mexican cause he didnt really mind that, just sneezed once or twice. Then I took a new (dry) bar of soap from under the sink and rubbed it where he was biting. He didnt like that at all. So I think I found a solution but if it fails I will try the bitter apple. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts