Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well, I was in Blue Seal today, picking up some more Oxbow for the bunnies (I swear they are addicted to the stuff), and I thought I'd just give a looksee to the Nature's variety food again. They had frozen RMBs for dogs, some of the larger patties, and bags of the little medallions. The bags were three pounds each, and that's quite a few medallions, and according to the back a 10 pound cat will eat 2-3 a day. The cost: $10!! I thought that was very reasonable, considering how long that will last (of course, with my brood, they'll probably go faster), but I bought two bags anyway: Chicken/Turkey and Beef. They had Lamb also, do you think that'd be a good flavor? I didn't know if the cats would like it...

Anyway, as I mentioned in an earlier post, my schedule has been nutzoid, but I'm going to be getting the cats into a definate feeding routine starting Monday. The babies should start weaning this week, so I want to make sure this is all straight. Sooooooo.......here's my question:

I have three food choices right now: Chicken Soup Kitten dry, Innova, Wellness, and Felidae canned, and Nature's Variety Raw. What sort of combination should I be feeding? In other words, should I do raw exclusively, or keep the dry in? Or should I drop the dry, and just do raw and canned? Or just raw? You see why I'm so confused.

Once I know what combo to do, how much and how often? *sigh* They never tell you about all the stresses that come with raising kittens. Noooooo....it's all snuggles and kisses :lol:

*down on knees* Help me! Please!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I would probably drop the dry and start with canned and raw....then eventually drop the canned if you think you might want to feed all raw.
I would be interested in hearing how you (and your cats) like the raw once you've been using it for a while.
:D

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I would drop the dry food and only feed raw and canned. You can donate the dry food to a shelter.

I don't think you'll regret switching to raw. My cats are in great shape since I started with the raw food :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts