Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, i went shopping for a couple of hours with my mum, left the boyfriend in our 3rd (& top floor) apartment.

When i came back from shopping, i notice something isnt quite right....no kittens came to greet me!
Logic tells me maybe they are asleep somewhere, so i go looking....cant find them anywhere!

Panic sets in...i go searching the street with my boyfriend, sister & her boyfriend. Expecting the worst to be honest...3rd story jump for two tiny 16 week olds must have hurt them.

Couldnt find them anywhere....then, i hear a little 'meow' look up....flash of a white chest sitting on the roof of our apartment block!

My boyfriend ran back up to our apartment & hung out the window, thankfully Eddie (Black & White) ran straight over to him, he scruffed her and got her in.

Then we spot Enzo...and he spots me, and runs from the highest point of the roof, down to the edge looking like he was gonna jump!

At this point he was by our neibours window rather than ours...so we had to wake them up & ask if we could hang out their window to get him off the roof.

I dont know how long they had been up there but they were pretty cold & it was dark!

Now they are settled back in, but have developed an obsession with the window sills...so now we do not have windows open when they are not being supervised!

·
Premium Member
9,125 Posts
My own cat knocked out a screen and jumped from a second story window! I now duct tape all my screens shut. I dont understand why but all cats stay focuced on any door or opening they are not suppose to go thru. Ive had some very determined door dashers too! You must of been horrified to see them on your roof!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Horrified is most definately the word.

I am just so glad they came when my boyfreind hung out the window and called them! I have no idea how we would have got them down had they decided to be rebellious!

I cant decide weather or not im happy about them going together either, on one hand, i could have lost or had 2 injured kittens...on the other, Eddie was being silly and Enzo followed to look after her?

Either way i cant stay mad at the little scamps, i think i need to look into moving soon though!

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Little monkeys! your story reminded me of a time when I heard some noise on roof of our house and went outside to look and it was our 2 y.o. son! He had climbed up a TV tower that was next to the house. He came down the same way he got up, but almost gave me heart failure!

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
When Prince was new in the apt, I twice found him walking on the A/C box - outside the window (5th floor). Now I have mosquito nets on all windows and they fortunately don't try to tear them. He also once almost jumped out the terrace window as I was hanging the laundry outside the window. I grabbed him like mad and since then when I hang laundry I'm very careful that he doesn't come close to the window.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
So glad you got them back inside. I would have died from a heart attack if I saw any of mine outside. For mine, I don't open any of my windows bigger than their heads so they can't squeeze through. All my external doors are double doored so even if they dash, I have an extra opportunity to catch them. Yeah, I'm paranoid, but better safe than sorries!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts